FPF:UBKINSNK30 Základy HCI - Course Information
UBKINSNK30 Základy HCIFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Kamil Matula, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Kamil Matula, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Information Studies (programme FPF, KNIH-nav)
- Course objectives
- The area of Human-Computer Interaction, which deals with the issue of human-computer interactions, has an increasing impact in the development of information systems, especially the creation of user interfaces, mainly due to partial or related disciplines. The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the field of HCI and its sub-related or related fields such as UX design, interaction design, information design, information architecture, and with the areas on which they build - eg ergonomics, art, cognitive psychology, artificial intelligence and more. Emphasis is also placed on the practical use of methods applied in the HCI.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- identify and summarize the basic features of different types of design: UX design, interaction design, information design, information architecture
- apply HCI methods
- 1. Definition and terminology of HCI - general characteristics, basics of the field, brief development, other disciplines.
- 2. UX design, interaction design.
- 3. Information design and information architecture.
- 4. Methods applied in HCI and related disciplines.
- 5. User testing - simulated testing.
- 6. A specific example of the use of HCI.
- required literature
- Nielsen Norman Group: World Leaders in Research-Based User Experience [online]. Fremont: Nielsen Norman Group, 2018 [cit. 2018-10-30]. Dostupné z: https://www.nngroup.com
- ADAMÍKOVÁ, Anežka and Lukáš Bob MARVAN. #zapixely: průvodce světem digitálního designu. Praha: Czechdesign, 2017. ISBN 978-80-906423-4-8. info
- Červenková, A. a M. Hořava. Uživatelsky přívětivá rozhraní. Praha: Horava & Associates, 2009. ISBN 978-80-254-5295. info
- recommended literature
- The Encyclopedia of Human-Computer Interaction, 2nd Ed. Interaction Design Foundation [online][cit. 2018-10-30]. Dostupné z: https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/book/the-encyclopedia-of-human-computer-interaction-2nd-ed
- PREECE, Jenny, Yvonne ROGERS and Helen SHARP. Interaction design: beyond human-computer interaction. Fourth edition. Chichester: Wiley, 2016. ISBN 978-1-119-02075-2. info
- ZAPHIRIS, Panayiotis and Chee Siang ANG. Human computer interaction: concepts, methodologies, tools and applications. Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference, 2009. ISBN 978-1-60566-052-3. info
- Teaching methods
- Interactive lecture
Lecture supplemented with a discussion
Lecture with a video analysis
Presentation of seminar work
- Assessment methods
- Elaboration of an individual semester work on a given topic. Active participation in lectures and seminars. Study of literature. Oral defense of the prepared semester work. Oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hod/sem.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2021/UBKINSNK30