OPF:OPFNADIP Master Thesis - Course Information
OPFNADIP Master ThesisSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Kateřina Matušínská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Svatava Adamová (assistant)
Bc. Lucie Vavrušková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Jednotliví Garanti Studijních Oborů Su Opf
School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Ing. Andrea Valentíny
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( N ) && FORMA ( P ) && ROCNIK ( 2 )
approved thesis within the prescribed time limit, submitted application for defence of diploma thesis within the prescribed time limit
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Banking (programme OPF, N_HOSPOL)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Accounting and Taxes)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Business)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Corporate Finance)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Marketing and Trade)
- Economy of Enterprise in Trade and Services (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN)
- Managerial Informatics (programme OPF, N_SYSINF)
- Course objectives
- Students will demonstrate research methods, design and do an empirical study and present this in a written report called a master thesis. Master thesis constitutes the final and concluding task in the Master Programme in Economics and Management.
- Knowledge and understanding
In the master thesis the student shall demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the main field of study, including both broad knowledge of the field and a considerable degree of specialized methodological knowledge in certain areas of the field (specialization) as well as insight into current research and development work.
Competence and skills
In the master thesis the student shall demonstrate the ability to critically and systematically integrate knowledge and to analyse, assess and deal with complex phenomena, issues and situations even with limited information. The student shall also demonstrate the ability to identify and formulate issues critically, independently and creatively as well as to plan and use appropriate methods, undertake advanced tasks within predetermined time frames, and to contribute to the formation of knowledge as well as the ability to evaluate this work. The student will declare the ability in speech and writing, to report clearly and discuss conclusions, the knowledge and arguments on which they are based in dialogue with different audiences, both in a national and international context. The student shall also demonstrate the skills required for participation in research and development work or for independent work in other advanced contexts.
Judgement and approach
In the master thesis the student shall demonstrate the ability to assessments with regard to scientific, social and ethical aspects, and to demonstrate an awareness of ethical aspects of research and development work, insight of the possibilities and limitations of research, its role in society and the responsibility of the individual for how it is used, and the ability to identify the personal need for further knowledge in the field and to take responsibility for his or her ongoing learning.
- Knowledge and understanding
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Teacher's information
- defence of master thesis
Activity Difficulty [h] Ostatní studijní zátěž 260 Zápočet 30 Summary 290
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/summer2021/OPFNADIP