Getting Started with is.slu.cz as a Teacher
- 1.Logging into the SystemLog in to the system using a username and password from the Central Register of Persons of the SU (hereinafter referred to as CRO). The information system is available from anywhere on the Internet. Enter https://is.slu.cz/ into your web browser and click "Log in". Enter your CRO username in the "CRO-ID user name" field. Enter the CRO password in the "CRO password" field.
1 Enter your CRO username.
2 Enter your CRO password (not to be shared!).
3 Click on "Log in" to enter the System.
- 2.Contents and Applications AvailableThe contents of the main IS page and modes in which the IS applications run are user-dependent, i.e. they depend on whether the user is a student, teacher, member of Office for Studies, etc. The main IS page lists the Teacher reference that takes you to the teacher-relevant applications designed to allow teachers to administer their data without anyone else's assistance.
Provided you encounter any problem, please contact one of the System administrators listed at https://is.slu.cz/spravci.
Any operation performed via the System has the same weight as a similar act done in a paper form. Hence, when entering some information into IS, please ensure that you do so in a secure way and proceed diligently.
Since the System keeps track of all your operations, you can ask its administrators for assistance in the event of a data loss.
- 3.Teacher's DutiesYou can familiarize yourself with the Teacher's Notebook using the following path:Personal Administration TeacherThe System requires you to attend to some basic duties that include:
- entering your students' grades into the System in time
- posting examination dates on the System in time
- updating syllabus and other course-related information listed in the Course Catalogue (should be done on an annual basis)
- replying to students' e-mail messages
- 4.Communication and ContactsThe System has its own mail server. Your address is učo@is.slu.cz, where učo represents your personal identification number. Please ensure that you retrieve your e-mail from this mailbox on a regular basis - an operation you can perform using the following path:Personal Administration MailYou can also have your IS e-mail forwarded to another address. To search for another IS user's e-mail address, use the following path:Personal Administration PeopleYou should also update your personal information using the sections the paths to which are as follows:Personal Administration Personal SectionPersonal Administration ContactsLast, you should read the red messages (those of high importance) posted on the Noticeboard.
- 5.Common Problems
- Forgotten password:
- If you forget your password, you should have a new one issued by one of the access rights administrator. To browse the list of these, use the following path:
https://is.slu.cz/ faculty access rights administratorsYour old (forgotten) password cannot be retrieved from the System since it is not stored in a retrievable form. That is why you must be provided with a new one.
- Switching between terms and faculties:
- Almost every page generated by the Information System contains 'select another' references (placed behind the names of selected faculty
and term) at the top that you can use for switching between faculties and terms.
 switching between terms
- Logging out of the System:
- To log out of the System, you should close all the browser windows that have been loaded with
the IS applications. If you fail to do so, someone else may use such windows to pass himself/herself off
as you and misuse the System.
 logging out of IS
- Erroneous data in the System:
- Provided you encounter some wrong or out-of-date data in the Information System, please contact your Vice-Dean and inform him/her of the fact.
- Suggestions, ideas, errors, and questions:
- The IS administrators welcome any suggestions and tips regarding the System. If you have any, please mail them to email@example.com. When describing a problem, try to be as accurate as possible, enclose the address of the page in question, personal identification number of the student you have encountered the problem in, and other related information that you think might be useful.
Provided you have failed to find the information you were searching for, you can contact us at