MU:MU02061 Seminar in General Math. II - Course Information
MU02061 Seminar in General Mathematics IIMathematical Institute in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Hynek Baran, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Jana Hantáková, Ph.D.
Mathematical Institute in Opava
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MU02061/01: Tue 11:25–13:00 205, H. Baran
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- TYP_STUDIA ( B )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Mathematics (programme MU, Bc-M)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the seminar is to improve the ability of students to work independently and to improve their knowledge from other mathematical subjects. In particular, we will focus on solving more complex theoretical problems. We will discuss different directions and challenges of modern mathematics (according to the current focus and interest of students).
- In this seminar, interesting parts of general mathematics will be discussed at student's request. The scope and specific issues are therefore not known in advance.
- required literature
- Bernard R. Gelbaum, John M. H. Olmsted. Counterexamples in Analysis. 1964. ISBN 0486428753. info
- recommended literature
- Lynn Arthur Steen, J.A. Seebach. Counterexamples in Topology. 1996. ISBN 0486428753. info
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- It is necessary to solve at least 2 given problems, to correctly write down the solution, to present the result during the seminar and to defend the result in the subsequent discussion.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/sumu/summer2021/MU02061