MU:MU20061 Appl. of Diff. Equations - Course Information
MU20061 Applications of Differential EquationsMathematical Institute in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Karel Hasík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Petra Nábělková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Karel Hasík, Ph.D.
Mathematical Institute in Opava
- Mon 9:45–11:20 20
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( MU20004 Mathematical Analysis IV || MU20012 Selected Topics in MA II ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Simple ordinary differential equations in the role models of deterministic stationary processes.
- - Population Models
- Logistic Equation
- Acceleration-Velocity Models
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Forced Oscillations and Resonance
- Ecological Models: Predators and Competitors
- - Population Models
- required literature
- C. H. Edwards, D. E. Penney. Elementary differential equations with applications. Prentice Hall, Inc., 1985. ISBN 0-13-254129-7. info
- recommended literature
- R. Illner, C.S. Bohun, S. McCollum, T. van Roode. Mathematical modelling. AMS Providence, 2005. ISBN 0-8218-3650-1. info
- not specified
- J. Kalas, Z. Pospíšil. Spojité modely v biologii. Brno, 2001. ISBN 80-210-2626-X. info
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- Attendance at lectures is desirable. During the first lecture, students will be introduced to the requirements of the lecturer for graduation.
Assignment of the credit is conditioned on attendance and activity on lessons, successful solving, illustrative processing and presentation of the semester project.
The exam is oral. The professional knowledge and skills acquired during the study of the subject are examined.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/sumu/winter2020/MU20061