FPF:UBKKDBK012 Professional Praxis I - Course Information
UBKKDBK012 Professional Praxis IFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jana Cindlerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor), Mgr. Pavla Bergmannová (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jana Cindlerová, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Cultural Dramaturgy in the theatre practice (programme FPF, KDDP)
- Course objectives
- Based on their own interest or the recommendation of the subject guarantor or another pedagogue, the student chooses (preferably from the contractual offer of the KDDP) one of the cultural institutions of the region (and definitively confirms his choice of the guarantor), where he then completes a six-week professional practice; it does not have to be completed continuously, upon agreement with the given institution, it can be implemented on individual specific days, taking into account the effectiveness of gaining experience. As part of the practice, the student will participate in the running of the institution not only as an observer, but as an active part of it, practically participating in the implementation of the creative process (e.g. the creation of a theater production, the implementation of a festival, conducting art-educational workshops in a theater, museum, library, etc. , dramaturgical preparation or production of various cultural or artistic projects, practice in the media, etc.). In this way, the student gets to know the origin of the given work or project or the functioning of the given institution from the inside, trying to get to know as many of their components and aspects as possible. The aim of the internship is to become familiar with the practical operation of a cultural or artistic institution, in various professional areas (dramaturgical, production, managerial, lecturing), or with the functioning of the selected editorial office of printed or electronic media. The student's participation does not consist in mere observation, which is of course very important, but also in the comparison and application of one's own theoretical knowledge, in the verification of knowledge gained during the course of study, in its confrontation with one's own ideas, and especially in the acquisition of irreplaceable practical experience, which they will also expand his future application and become a valid item in his professional portfolio.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- orient yourself in the practical operation of the institution;
- be involved in it as a reliable executive unit;
- apply theoretical knowledge to concrete practice;
- analyze the real state of the institution and its possibilities, propose possible improvements and justify them
- Literature: According to the requirements of the chosen artistic or cultural institution and on the basis of consultation with the subject guarantor.
- Teaching methods
- Praxis, consultations.
- Assessment methods
- 1. Active participation for 6 weeks in a selected artistic or cultural institution (the internship does not have to be completed continuously, upon agreement with the institution, it can be implemented on individual specific days, taking into account the effectiveness of gaining experience). 2. The final self-evaluation report, which the student prepares after completing the internship (within the scope of at least 5 standard pages): here he records its progress and evaluates how it was beneficial to him, what activities he participated in, how the actual operation differed from his expectations ( including any negatives) and what was the degree (according to the student's own judgment) of his personal contribution to the given institution. 3. Defense of the final self-evaluation report.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 240 hod/sem.