OPF:PEMBPHRM Human Resources Management - Course Information
PEMBPHRM Human Resources ManagementSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Vojtěch Malátek, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Helena Marková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Vojtěch Malátek, CSc.
Department of Business Economics and Management - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Ing. Šárka Zapletalová, Ph.D.
- Tue 13:05–14:40 AULA
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PEMBPHRM/02: Wed 13:55–14:40 B101, H. Marková
PEMBPHRM/03: Wed 13:05–13:50 B101, H. Marková
PEMBPHRM/04: Thu 10:35–11:20 A217, H. Marková
PEMBPHRM/05: Wed 14:45–15:30 B101, H. Marková
PEMBPHRM/07: Wed 8:05–8:50 A206, H. Marková
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( P )
The course can be registered independently on the courses.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 174 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 142/174, only registered: 0/174
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to transfer listeners a summary of information of staffing activities in different types of enterprises and organizations in countries with a social market economy so that they learn to evaluate critically the practice and the needs of human resources in our current businesses organize personnel work and handle its core activities. The aim is to further develop the knowledge acquired in the teaching of sociology, as well as the foundations of the law. The subject to follow up at the higher level of master degree is the Human Resource Management.
- 1. Introduction to the study of human resources
Origin and development of human resources from personnel administration to human resources management. An overview of basic literature on personnel management. The concept and importance of personnel management and its historical development. The concept of personnel work, administration and personnel management. Tasks of personnel work. Relationship between personnel work and personnel activities. Definition of personnel activities and a brief description of their content.
2. Establishment of employment and job creation
Job creation. Establishment of employment. Types of employment and agreements on work performed outside the employment relationship. Job description and specifications. Redesign of jobs and conditions of its success. Possible reasons for changes in employment. Transfer to another job. Transfer. Temporary assignment to another employer. Business trip. Reimbursement of travel expenses for business trips in the country and for business trips abroad.
3. Working hours and recovery leave. Obstacles at work
Scheduled working hours and shorter working hours. Schedule of working hours, work shifts. Breaks at work, uninterrupted rest, overtime and compensatory leave. An unexcused absence. Types of leave, its drawing, shortening and transfer. Holiday pay. Barriers on the part of the employee (due to general interest, important personal barriers at work, training and study at work). Obstacles on the part of the employer (downtime and other obstacles). Influences of obstacles at work on other labor law institutes.
4. Evaluation and remuneration of employees
What is employee evaluation and what is it for? Tasks of human resources in the evaluation of employees (work performance and its criteria). Staff appraisal procedure. The role of human resources in the administration of evaluation results. Principles of employee evaluation. Relationship between evaluation results and employee remuneration. Remuneration of employees in the business sphere. Remuneration of employees in the non-business sphere.
5. Termination of employment and types of pensions
Agreement on termination of employment. Termination. Immediate termination of employment. Termination of employment during the probationary period and upon expiry of the agreed period. Other cases of termination of employment. Obligations of the employer associated with the termination of employment. Types of pensions. Concurrence of pensions with income.
6. Personnel and working groups. Cooperation of the personnel department with trade unions, collective agreements
HR work with work groups. Conflicts in working groups and their solutions. Conflict prevention. Types of powers of trade union bodies, the most important forms of cooperation. Collective agreement. Collective agreement and internal regulation.
- 1. Introduction to the study of human resources
- required literature
- BURYOVÁ, Ivona, Vojtěch MALÁTEK and Lucie MEIXNEROVÁ. Personalistika: Distanční studijní text. 2nd ed. Karviná: Slezská univerzita v Opavě Obchodně podnikatelská fakulta v Karviné, 2021. 171 pp. info
- recommended literature
- zákoník práce v aktuálním znění. info
- CHLÁDKOVÁ, A., BUKOVJAN P. Personalistika 2015. Praha, 2015. ISBN 978-80-7478-649-5. info
- ROBINSON, I. Human Resource Management in Organisations. London, 2006. ISBN 1843980665. info
- Koubek, J. ABC praktické personalistiky. Praha, Linde, 2000. ISBN 80-861-3125-4. info
- Teaching methods
- Skills demonstration
- Assessment methods
- Student requirements: minimum attendance at seminars 70%
Assessment methods: activities during the semester (40%); final test during the exam period (60%)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/zima2022/PEMBPHRM