FPF:UCJDJAV1 Language varieties - Spoken la - Course Information
UCJDJAV1 Language varieties - Spoken languageFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: dzk.
- doc. PhDr. Pavel Kolář, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Pavel Kolář, CSc.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- UCJDAJK1 Corpus architecture and text e
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Corpus linguistics with specialization in English (programme FPF, P7310 Filo)
- Course objectives (in Czech)
- 1. Geographical varieties and their characteristics 2. Geographical varieties in English 3. RP as a dynamic dialect 4. Social varieties 5. Register and language variety 6. Varieties and translation 7. Native and non-native sequences 8. Contrastive analysis of tones Literatura: Biber, D. (2006): Dimensions of Register Variation, Cambridge. Biber, D. (1991): Variation across Speech and Writing, Cambridge. Reppen, Randi, Susan M. Fitzmaurice and Douglas Biber (eds.) (2006): Using Corpora to Explore Linguistic Variation, John Benjamins Publ Trudgill, P (1990).: The Dialects of England, Blackwells. Trudgill, P, Hannah, J..: (1994): International English: A Guide to Varieties of Standard English. London. Wells, J.S. (2006): English Intonation, Cambridge.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.