FVP:UVSRPCK020 Professional Training Supervis - Course Information
UVSRPCK020 Professional Training Supervision IIFaculty of Public Policies in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/6/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- René Pastrňák (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Žáčková, PhD. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jana Žáčková, PhD.
Institute of Public Administration and Social Policy - Faculty of Public Policies in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Public Administration and Social Politics (programme FVP, B6731-SPSP)
- Course objectives
- The course is intended for basic knowledge of professional competencies of social workers, both theoretical and practical, with the necessity of increasing and maintaining them. The goal is for the students to realize through interactive discussions and experiential learning games the emotional pitfalls in social care and the reasons why aiding professionals fail in their work. Students familiarize with practical demonstrations of interview supervision, coaching approaches, especially in the group. The greatest attention is paid to the need for the supervision of aiding professionals, creation of contracts and supervision talks so that the student is familiar with them and able to prepare supervision in their organization together with a supervisor or coach. After completing the course, students will be well informed on basic approaches applied in the supervisory process, know the course of supervision and structure of supervision interviews. Study Outcomes: Professional Knowledge: Students can define basic types of supervision, they are aware of its need and necessity in the context of direct work with clients. They know selected games focused on emotional anchoring, relaxation and introspection. Professional Skills: Students are able to explain the need for and structure of supervision, both individual and group. They know a basic portfolio of supervisory interview questions. General Qualification: Students manage basic emotional anchorage based on the games completed, which they can use in stressful situations and communications. They can structure the interview so that by basic counselling, they managed to eliminate stressful situations .
- 1. Introduction of seminar targets
2. Supervision meeting on the topic institution in which the training is executed
3. Experience games with focus on development of empathy
4. Experience games with focus on communication
5. Supervision meeting focused on emotionally charged situations
6. Experience games with elements of drama-therapy
7. Experience games with elements of art-therapy
8. Self-experience games with focus on realization of the handicap
9. Self-experience games with focus on feedback of experience games
10. Supervision meeting on experience from practical training
11. supervision omeeting
12. Artefactial games
- 1. Introduction of seminar targets
- required literature
- HAVRDOVÁ, Z., HAJNÝ, M. et al. Praktická supervize. Praha: Galén, 2008. ISBN 978-80-7262-532-1. info
- VALENTA, M. Dramaterapie. Praha: Grada, 2007. ISBN 80-7178-586-5. info
- PAČESOVÁ, M. Lékař, pacient a Michael Bálint. Praha: Triton, 2004. ISBN 80-7254-491-8. info
- recommended literature
- BAKALÁŘ, E., KOPSKÝ, V. I dospělí si mohou hrát. Praha: MF, 1990. info
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- Students will actively participate in games and self-experience games and supervisory group conversations, and lift topics from their current employment or the current internship in social work. Output of the seminars will be submitted in writing, tasks may be consulted in the consultation hours.