FPF:UBKCJLBK19 Lexicology - Course Information
UBKCJLBK19 LexicologyFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. PaedDr. Zbyněk Holub, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Soňa Schneiderová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Miloslav Vondráček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. PaedDr. Zbyněk Holub, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Soňa Schneiderová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Miloslav Vondráček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. PaedDr. Zbyněk Holub, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech language and literature (programme FPF, CJAL)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with the basic information on lexicology and its branches, description of vocabulary and lexical relations, apelatives and proper nouns, phraseology and lexicography.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to: - understand lexicology and its methodology - know the structure of lexicon - describe the changes in lexicon - work with the basic reference tools
- 1. Lexicology and its branches
- 2. Semasiology and onomasiology, lexeme, word
- 3. Reference, denotation, connotation
- 4. Lexical relations
- 5. Paradigmatic and syntagmatic relations
- 6. Phraseology and idioms
- 7. Structure of lexicon
- 8. Lexical changes
- 9. Autosemantic and synsematic words, apellatives
- 10. Subsidiary branches and etymology
- 11. Lexicography (methodology, typology, fieldwork, lemmatization
- 12. History of Czech lexicography
- 13. Revision
- required literature
- HLADKÁ, Z. Lexikologie. In Příruční mluvnice češtiny. Praha: NLN, 1995. Praha, 1995. info
- ČEJKA, M. Česká lexikologie a lexikografie. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1992. Brno, 1992. info
- FILIPEC, J. ? ČERMÁK, F. Česká lexikologie. Praha: Academia, 1986. Praha, 1986. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Seminar work and oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8p+4s/sem.