FPF:UBKCJLBK32 Modern Czech grammar - Course Information
UBKCJLBK32 Seminar on Modern Czech grammarFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Soňa Schneiderová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Soňa Schneiderová, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Knowledge of the Czech language and previous linguistic objects.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech language and literature (programme FPF, CJAL)
- Course objectives
- The aim of teaching in the seminar is to deepen knowledge of the grammatical system of Czech with an emphasis on questions of morphological and orthographic nature, selected questions of lexicon and syntax.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will learn to evaluate current shifts in today's Czech, verify their validity in manuals and estimate the outlook of those grammatical or spelling phenomena that have not yet been codified on the basis of the studied issues.
- 1. Layering of the Czech national language; standard language, colloquial standard Czech, general Czech 2. The issue of codification and attitudes to codification 3. Variability of phonological means 4. Selected problematic phenomena of Czech orthography 5. Variability of morphological means - nouns, pronouns and others 6. Variability of morphological means - verbs 7. Verbal connections 8. Fashion expressions and ties; the most common offenses against the norm 9. Adaptation and declension of foreign proper names; gender inflection 10. The influence of foreign languages on the contemporary Czech language 11. Czech compatriots abroad 12. Czech of the 20th century 13. Czech of the 21st century
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8s/sem.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2022/UBKCJLBK32