FPF:UBKCJLBP25 Culture of Speaking Presentati - Course Information
UBKCJLBP25 Culture of Speaking PresentationFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Soňa Schneiderová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Soňa Schneiderová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Soňa Schneiderová, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Tue 16:25–17:10 M7
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Lectures and seminar is designed for those interested in communication skills. The course is conducted in the Czech language, so an average knowledge of the Czech language is a prerequisite. This information applies to international students.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on knowledge and skills related to spoken language and cultivated expression.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to orientate in the differences between the various spheres of communication and their means of expression. Students will be able to distinguish language resources in terms of stylistic distinction and the intention of the speaker. They will gain knowledge about the correct pronunciation and composition of texts and appropriate language resources. They will gain knowledge about the appropriate use of non-verbal means.
- 1. Factors affecting the nature of communication 2. Types of communication situations 3. Speech and writing 4. Composition of speech 5. Argumentation procedures 6. Rhetorical figures and tropics 7. Speech etiquette 8. Correctness of language means, spelling, meaning 9. Principles of correct pronunciation, pronunciation styles 10. Non-verbal means 11. Specifics of network / electronic environment; influence on the character of contemporary language expression 12. Types and personalities of speakers 13. Important speeches and their analysis
- required literature
- KRAUS, J. Rétorika a řečová kultura. Praha: Karolinum, 2004. ISBN 80-246-0898-7. info
- LOTKO, E. Kapitoly ze současné rétoriky. Olomouc: Vydavatelství Univerzity Palackého, 1997. ISBN 80-7067-685-X. info
- ŠMAJSOVÁ BUCHTOVÁ, B. Rétorika: vážnost mluveného slova. Praha: Grada, 2010. ISBN 978-80-247-3031-8. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion, performance, speech, reading
- Assessment methods
- speech performance, written composition, excerpt from literature
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2023/UBKCJLBP25