FPF:UBKCJLBP54 Prewar Modernism - Course Information
UBKCJLBP54 Prewar ModernismFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martin Tichý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Tichý, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martin Tichý, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech language and literature (programme FPF, CJAL)
- Course objectives
- The class pays attention to the beginnings of the avant-garde in the Czech literature, so-called prewar modernism (in the second decennium of the 20th century); the stress is given on the work with text and intermedia relations.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to:
- situate prewar modernism into the context of the Czech literature's history,
- characterize relations between literature and art in the early avant-garde,
- explain main features of prewar modernism,
- interpret important pieces of work.
- 1. Context I – European art in the beginning of 20th century
- 2. Context II – Czech literature in the beginning of 20th century
- 3. Concepts: modernism, avant-garde
- 4. Neoclassicism
- 5. Journals
- 6. Almanach na rok 1914 7. Generation discussion
- 8. New modernism
- 9. Looking for criteria
- 10. Commented reading I – Fr. Langer: Svatý Václav
- 11. Commented reading II – bratři Čapkové: Zářivé hlubiny a jiné prózy
- 12. Commented reading III – S. K. Neumann: Nové zpěvy
- 13. Repetition
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and interpretative seminars
- Assessment methods
- Paper and discussion
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2021/UBKCJLBP54