FPF:UBKKDBK016 Theatre Festival II - Course Information
UBKKDBK016 Theatre Festival IIFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- MgA. Jana Ryšánek Schmiedtová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hasan Zahirović, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Hasan Zahirović, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Cultural Dramaturgy in the theatre practice (programme FPF, KDDP)
- Course objectives
- Students practically go through the entire process of preparing the festival (dramaturgy, production, financing, marketing, PR, etc.): specifically, the student festival On the Way, implemented by the KDD department since its inception. In addition to the mentioned professional areas, they will learn the emphasis on consistent, systematic work and the fulfillment of assigned tasks within the given deadline. From the beginning, the festival has also included the author's Project 3jsou3, which is supported by a financial grant from the DILIA agency and enables students to participate in the festival as creators of the production. Combining one's organizational and artistic role is another fundamental task of the seminar.
- Learning outcomes
- Visit to the festival within the agreed scope (preliminary consultation with the teacher is required). Written work in the range of at least 5 standard pages (or the student will present an expert contribution as part of the festival seminars or cooperate in the preparation of the festival newsletter).
- 1. Festival marketing.
- 2. Specifics of art marketing.
- 3. Festival as a service.
- 4. The festival market and its infrastructure.
- 5. On the way festival and its infrastructure.
- 6. Marketing mix (price, promotion, distribution, people).
- 7. Promotion.
- 8. Advertising.
- 9. Public relations. Publicity.
- 10. Sales support.
- 11. Personal sale.
- 12. SWOT analysis.
- 13. Sharing of own experiences, formulation of key organizational principles.
- required literature
- BOUKAL, Petr. Fundraising pro neziskové organizace. Praha: Grada, 2013.
- O´BRIAN, Dan. Kulturní politika: Management, hodnota a modernita v~kreativních průmyslech. Praha: Barrister & Principal a Institut umění – Divadelní ústav, 2015.
- KAISER, Michael. Strategické plánování v~umění. Praha: Divadelní ústav, 2009.
- KOTLER, Philip; WONG, Veronica; SAUNDERS, John a kol. Moderní marketing. Praha: Grada, 2007.
- DVOŘÁK, Jan. Kreativní management pro divadlo aneb O~divadle jinak. Praha: Pražská scéna, 2004.
- Teaching methods
- lecture, discussion, independent reading, ongoing tasks, visiting recommended festivals and presentations.
- Assessment methods
- Participation in seminars. Elaboration of tasks assigned by the teacher during the semester. Active approach. Visit to the festival within the agreed scope (prior consultation with the teacher is required).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8s/sem.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2023/UBKKDBK016