FPF:UBKKDBK043 Public Relations - Course Information
UBKKDBK043 Public RelationsFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavla Bergmannová (lecturer)
Mgr. Pavla Bergmannová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Pavla Bergmannová
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Cultural Dramaturgy in the theatre practice (programme FPF, KDDP)
- Course objectives
- The course will provide the students with deeper theoretical and practical know-how in field of public relations. It focues on information about, planning, and implementation of PR activities, information about internal communication, media relations, use of internet for communication with various target groups, and also information and practical experience with crisis communication, among other topics.
- Learning outcomes
- Gained knowledge and skills can be utilized in all areas relating to effective use of techniques and means of Public Relations.
- 1. Public Relations as a tool of marketing communication.
- 2. Advertising versus Public Relations.
- 3. Media Relations.
- 4. Internal communications.
- 5. Crisis communication.
- 6. Reputation.
- 7. Sponsorship.
- 8. Lobbying.
- 9. How to measure the effectiveness of public relations?
- 10. Ethics in Public Relations.
- 11. Use of new media in Public Relations.
- 12. Creating a PR strategy 1.
- 13. Creating a PR strategy 2.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects, presentations by professionals, reading.
- Assessment methods
- 1. Participation in lectures aned seminars (max. two absences are permitted).
2. Active participation in class discussions.
3. Well-timed implementation of partial tasks.
4. Completion of the course paper. Unsatisfactory papers will be returned for revision.
5. Credits are awarded with respect to the student´s participation in course discussions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4p+4s/sem.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2023/UBKKDBK043