FPF:UCJANGBP01 Practical Language 1 - Course Information
UCJANGBP01 Practical Language 1Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Diana Adamová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Hájek (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Hamplová (seminar tutor)
Steven Morris, M.A. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Libor Práger, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
M.Sc. Gary Rostock (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Diana Adamová, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- UCJANGBP01/A: Mon 17:15–18:50 H3, Thu 9:45–11:20 H1, B. Hamplová, G. Rostock
UCJANGBP01/B: Tue 17:15–18:50 H3, Thu 14:45–16:20 H1, B. Hamplová, G. Rostock
UCJANGBP01/C: Wed 8:05–9:40 M13, Wed 9:45–11:20 H1, B. Hamplová, G. Rostock
- B1+ až B2 level of English according to CEFR
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- English (programme FPF, ANGbp)
- Course objectives
- The course is designed to systematically and comprehensively develop language competences and practically apply communicative skills at B1+ to B2 level of English according to CEFR. The students will deepen and consolidate their mastery of English grammar, broaden their vocabulary and practice pronunciation. The main emphasis will be on listening and speaking. The classes will be based on Units 1 to 5 of English File Intermediate Plus (4th edition, 2020).
- Learning outcomes
- Deepening and consolidation of all language competences corresponding to B1 + to B2 level of English.
- 1. Úvodní informace a zahájení kurzu
- 2. Unit 1: Pronouns, names, vowels
- 3. Unit 1: Adjectives, suffixes, word stress
- 4. Unit 2: Present tenses, packing, s/z
- 5. Unit 2: Possessives, shops and services, -r
- 6. Unit 3: Past simple and continuous, stages of life, -ed
- 7. Unit 3: prepositions, photography, word stress
- 8. Unit 4: future forms, rubbish and recycling, /ai/ + /ei/
- 9. Unit 4: first and second conditionals, study and work, word stress
- 10. Unit 5: present perfect simple, television, /w/ /v/ /b/
- 11. Unit 5: present perfect continuous, the country, vowel sounds
- 12. Final Revision of Units 1-5; credit test
- required literature
- Latham-Koenig, Ch, C. Oxenden a K. Chomacki. English File Intermediate Plus Student’s Book. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2020
- recommended literature
- Davies, P. and Falla, T. (2015). Cambridge English First Result: Student‘s Book. Oxford: OUP. Davies, P. and Falla, T. (2014). Cambridge English First Result: Workbook. Oxford: OUP.
- Eeastwood, J. (2008). Oxford Practice Grammar Intermediate. Oxford: OUP Muprhy, R. (2012). English Grammar in Use Intermediate. 4th ed. Cambridge: CUP.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Written and oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2023/UCJANGBP01