FPF:UCJNCOBP11 German morphology - Course Information
UCJNCOBP11 German morphologyFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/3/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Gabriela Rykalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Gabriela Rykalová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Gabriela Rykalová, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Mon 8:05–8:50 M7
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- German (programme FPF, NEM)
- Course objectives
- The lecture gives an overview of grammatical categories of flexible word types, an explanation of inflexible types and focuses mainly on frequent language phenomena within these categories. The seminar focuses on the practical use of knowledge gained in the lecture and especially their practice. It focuses on practicing interference phenomena and working with the most common mistakes of non-native speakers. The aim is a consistent practice of grammar based on an understanding of the laws within the language system.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of the laws within the German language system and will be able to use them in the practical use of the language.
- 1. Morphological terminology, part of speech 2. Classification of verbs 3. Verbal categories 4. Time categories 5. Nominal category 6. Declension of nouns 7. Plural formation, Singulariatant and Pluraliatant 8. Adjectives and numerals 9. Member and rules of its use 10. Pronouns 11. Prepositions 12. Other inflexible part of speech 13. Modality - subjective and objective modality
- required literature
- Eisenberg, P.: Grundriss der deutschen Grammatik. Band 2: Der Satz. Stuttgart: Metzler, 2006.
- Adamzik, K.: Sprache: Wege zum Verstehen. Tübingen: Francke, 2001.
- recommended literature
- Helbig, G. / Buscha, J.: Deutsche Grammatik. Ein Handbuch für den Ausländerunterricht. Leipzig / Berlin / München: Langenscheidt, 1991.
- Engel, U: Deutsche Grammatik. München: Iudicium, 2009.
- Teaching methods
- lecture, seminar
- Assessment methods
- written test, attendance (75%)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2021/UCJNCOBP11