FPF:UCJNCOBP15 German syntax - Course Information
UCJNCOBP15 German syntaxFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Gabriela Rykalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Gabriela Rykalová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Gabriela Rykalová, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- TYP_STUDIA ( B )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- German (programme FPF, NEM)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the lecture and relevant seminars is to convey basic theoretical and practical knowledge of German syntax. The theoretical part introduces the most important problems and basic issues of syntactic research and outlines some important theoretical approaches. In practice-oriented seminars, syntactic phenomena are discussed in specific exercises and text passages, which often cause problems for "non-native speakers", such as negation, word order, agreement, etc.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of the laws of German grammar at the sentence level.
- 1. Syntax, basic concepts 2. Phrases 3. Sentence members I 4. Sentence members II 5. Valence, verbal reaction 6. The position of sentence members in a sentence 7. Types of sentences 8. Sentences I 9. Sentences II 10. Proverbial theorems I 11. Proverbial theorems II 12. Attributive sentences 13. Final summary
- required literature
- Boettcher, W.: Grammatik verstehen. III – Komplexer Satz. Tübingen: Max Niemeyer, 2009.
- Boettcher, W.: Grammatik verstehen. II – Einfacher Satz. Tübingen: Max Niemeyer, 2009.
- Eisenberg, P.: Grundriss der deutschen Grammatik. Band 2: Der Satz. Stuttgart: Metzler Verlag, 2006.
- recommended literature
- Ramers, K. H.: Einführung in die Syntax. 2. Aufl. Paderborn: Wilhelm Fink, 2007.
- Musan, R.: Satzgliedanalyse. Heidelberg: Universitätsverlag Winter, 2008.
- Pittner, K. / Bermann, J.: Deutsche Syntax. Ein Arbeitsbuch. Tübingen: Gunter Narr, 2004.
- Teaching methods
- lecture, seminar
- Assessment methods
- written test, attendance (75%)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/summer2021/UCJNCOBP15