FPF:UCJNNPLIT2 Literary Text Analysis 2 - Course Information
UCJNNPLIT2 Literary Text Analysis 2Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Miroslav Urbanec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Miroslav Urbanec, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- UCJNNPLIT2/A: Thu 9:45–11:20 428, M. Urbanec
- TYP_STUDIA ( N )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- German (programme FPF, NJ)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the seminar is to deepen students' ability to work with literary texts and analyze it in terms of form and content. Following the seminar Literarische Textanalyse 1, which dealt with the literature of the 20th century, the annotated seminar focuses on the literature of older periods. The subject of the analysis are texts of all literary types, both complete texts and excerpts.
- Learning outcomes
- Orientation in the contemporary English literature of various genres. The skill of critical analysis of literary texts.
- 1.–2. Fables and short epics (Christian F. Gellert and Gotthold E. Lessing)
- 3. Bourgeois mourning (Gotthold E. Lessing)
- 4. Ballad (Gottfried A. Bürger, Johann W. Goethe a Friedrich Schiller)
- 5.–6. Romantic poetry (Achim von Arnim, Clemens Brentano a Joseph von Eichendorff)
- 7.–8. Engaged (tendency) literature
- 9. Heinrich Heine: „Deutschland. Ein Wintermärchen“
- 10. Georg Büchner: „Woyzeck“
- 11.–12. Historical prose
- 13. Final discussion and summary
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects, presentations, homework, reading.
- Assessment methods
- written test, active cooperation
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/summer2021/UCJNNPLIT2