FPF:UIMOIBP011 Database systems I - Course Information
UIMOIBP011 Database systems IFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Daniel Valenta (lecturer)
RNDr. Miroslav Langer, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Šárka Vavrečková, Ph.D.
Institute of Computer Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Tue 11:25–13:00 B2
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Information and communication technologies (programme FPF, MOI)
- Course objectives
- The subject of the course is the database technologies and their use in companies and institutions. The aim is to understand the use of database technologies from the theoretical and practical points of view. In the course it is discussed and evaluated the performance of data and information processing using database technology, it is offered an understanding of architectures and designing database systems. Tutorials are in the form of project education in the MS SQL Server database system.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will gain theoretical knowledge of the architecture of the database systems and models, normal forms and design of the database. They will also gain practical knowledge of SQL.
- 1. Introduction to the database systems
- 2. Database management system
- 3. The architecture of the database system
- 4. Components of the database system
- 5. Data Definition Language (DDL)
- 6. Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- 7. Data models
- 8. Relation Database Model
- 9. Internal level of the organization of the data
- 10. Dependency theory
- 11. Normal forms of a database
- 12. Relational database design
- Teaching methods
- Interactive lecture, tutorial
- Assessment methods
- Credit: Compulsory attendance at tutorials min. 75%. Written test, demonstration of the practical knowledge gained from the tutorials.
Exam: Written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2021/UIMOIBP011