FPF:UIMOIBP065 Seminar in Mathematics II - Course Information
UIMOIBP065 Seminar in Mathematics IIFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Luděk Cienciala, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Lucie Ciencialová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Luděk Cienciala, Ph.D.
Institute of Computer Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- UIMOIBP065/A: Tue 13:05–14:40 B4, L. Cienciala, L. Ciencialová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- TYP_STUDIA ( B )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Information and communication technologies (programme FPF, MOI)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the seminar is to support, confirm and expand knowledge of mathematics with a link to other subjects of the study plan, which are based on knowledge of high school mathematics, such as Mathematics I, Mathematics II and others.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to solve examples within the high school mathematics of grammar school.
- 1. Operations with sets and their properties.
- 2. Divisibility, properties of divisibility, prime number, prime factor, criteria of divisibility
- 3. Solution of simple logarithmic, exponential and trigonometric inequalities, product and fractional inequalities.
- 4. Complex numbers, algebraic and trigonometric form of a complex number, operations with complex numbers, square root of a complex number, solution of a quadratic equation with real coefficients and negative discriminant.
- 5. Analytical geometry, vector, operations with vectors, analytical expression of a line, mutual position of two lines, plane, mutual position of planes, lines and planes
- 6. Conic sections - circle, ellipse, hyperbola, parabola.
- 7. Coordinate systems, geometric transformations of coordinates - displacement, rotation, scaling, composition of transformations.
- required literature
- M. Kočandrle - L. Boček. Matematika pro gymnázia - Analytická geometrie. info
- E. Calda. Matematika pro gymnázia - Komplexní čísla. info
- I. Bušek - L. Boček - E. Calda. Matematika pro gymnázia - Základní poznatky z matematiky. info
- POLÁK, J. Přehled středoškolské matematiky. Prometheus, 2015. ISBN 978-80-7196-458-2. info
- PETÁKOVÁ, J. Matematika: příprava k maturitě a k přijímacím zkouškám na vysoké školy. Prometheus, 2012. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Compulsory participation in seminars at least 75%. The student writes two credit tests in the exercises, scored a maximum of 30 points for each. He also submits solutions to five homework assignments. He gets a maximum of 8 points for each homework. 50 points are required to obtain the credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/summer2021/UIMOIBP065