FPF:UBKCJLBK24 Historical linguistics 2 - Course Information
UBKCJLBK24 Historical linguistics 2Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Ing. Bc. Roman Sukač, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ing. Bc. Roman Sukač, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Ing. Bc. Roman Sukač, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech language and literature (programme FPF, CJAL)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with the basic information about the syntactic development of Czech language from the beginning up to the present.
- Learning outcomes
- Students are able to: - describe the basic tendencies in the development of simple clauses - describe the basic tendencies in the development of complex sentences - understand the meaning and function of conjunctions in the history of Czech - understand the function of participles - know the principles of mood and modality
- 1. Typology of clauses
- 2. Negation and genitive of negation
- 3. Mood and modality, modal predicatives
- 4. Parts of sentences: subject, predicate, object, adverbials
- 5. Sentences with participle constructions
- 6. Gerunds, infinitives, absolute constructions
- 7. Complex sentences: condition, relative, concessive sentences
- 8. Complex sentences: interrogative and optative
- 9. Complex sentences: purpose and exception
- 10. Complex adverbial sentences
- 11. Parataxis and hypotaxis
- 12. More on the complex constructions
- 13. General tendencies of the syntactic development of Czech
- required literature
- LAMPRECHT, A., ŠLOSAR, D., BAUER, J. Historická mluvnice češtiny. SPN Praha 1986. Praha, 1986. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4p+4s/sem.