OPF:CVABPCLH Spa and Hotel Management - Course Information
CVABPCLH Spa and Hotel ManagementSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Miroslava Kostková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Klára Václavínková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Miroslava Kostková, Ph.D.
Department of Tourism and Leisure Activities - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Pavlína Pellešová, Ph.D.
- Wed 8:05–9:40 VD110
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( P ) && ( ROCNIK ( 2 ) || ROCNIK ( 3 ))
Faculty of SBA, type of bachelor's study, form of full-time study
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 34 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 31/34, only registered: 0/34
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Tourist Industry and Tourism (programme OPF, B_CRT)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course Spa and hospitality is to describe the studied issues in the Czech Republic and in the world. The course acquaints students with basic concepts, historical development, division, characteristics, specifications and basic offer of comprehensive services of spa facilities and accommodation services, presents to students the basic elements of spa management for the car and the operation of the hotel.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to: - identify and summarize important features of spas and hotels in our country and in the world - identify and describe current domestic and foreign spa trends and trends in the provision of accommodation services - describe the factors that influence the consumer's decision to purchase a spa product and hotel services - analyze current scientific knowledge in the field of hospitality and spa - characterize spa tourism and determine the elements of its development.
- 1. Importance and historical development of spas and hospitality Spa and hospitality, its historical development in the Czech Republic and abroad, basic principles and basic concepts, the importance of hospitality and spa tourism for the region. Spas in the Czech Republic and their specifics, important spas in the world. 2. Spa and hotel industry from the point of view of the economy Benefits of spas and hospitality for the country's economy, SWOT analysis of Czech spas, statistical reporting of spas and hotels, specification of spas and hospitality economics, performance indicators of accommodation facilities, methods of financing spa facilities and spa stays. 3. Specific forms of spa tourism Characteristics of spa tourism and wellness, differences of wellness compared to traditional healing spas, wellness philosophy, wellness in Europe, the relationship between hospitality and wellness. 4. Trends in spa and hospitality Trends in hospitality and spa tourism. Quality in hospitality and spa. Possibilities of using the services of accommodation facilities and spa services to support competitiveness. Classification and specification of services in spa tourism. Distribution of spa facilities according to the nature of services. 5. Hotel and spa marketing Specifics of marketing in spas and hospitality, target and implementation needs of participants in spa tourism, marketing process of hospitality, marketing mix and marketing planning in spas and hospitality. 6. Management of accommodation and spa facilities Processes in hospitality and spa, organization and management of hotel and spa facilities. Offer accommodation services. Categorization of accommodation facilities. Hotel operation management, specific hotel services.
- required literature
- KOSTKOVÁ, M. a L. SCHELLONG, 2018. Lázeňství a hotelnictví: Distanční studijní text. 1. vyd. Karviná: SU OPF. ISBN 978-80-7510-305-5.
- JAKUBÍKOVÁ, D., 2019. Lázeňství management a marketing. Praha: Grada Publishing. ISBN 978-80-271-2461-9.
- recommended literature
- BERÁNEK, J. a kol. Moderní řízení hotelového provozu. Praha: MagConsulting, 2016. ISBN 978-80-86724-45-4. info
- ATTL, P. Ekonomika českého lázeňství a cestovní ruch. Hradec Králové: Univerzita Hradec Králové, Fakul, 2014. ISBN 978-80-7435-366-6. info
- VÁCLAVÍNKOVÁ, K. Lázeňství. Karviná: SU OPF, 2013. ISBN 978-80-7248-854-4. info
- NEUFUS, J. a F. KŘÍŽEK. Moderní hotelový management. Praha: Grada, 2011. ISBN 978-80-247-3868-0. info
- JANDOVÁ, D. Balneologie. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2009. ISBN 80-247-28-206. info
- BERÁNEK, J. Hotelnictví a wellness. Praha: Grada, 2008. ISBN 978-80-86724-33-1. info
- DĚDINA, J. Management, organizování a ekonomika lázeňství - vybrané kapitoly. Praha: VŠ CRHL, 2004. ISBN 80-86592-01-4. info
- SEIFERTOVÁ, V. Marketing v lázeňském cestovním ruchu. Praha: Pragoline, 2003. ISBN 80-86592-00-6. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation, seminar, workshop, survey through a questionnaire survey, excursions, expert lectures.
- Assessment methods
- Written exam, evaluation of seminar work and its presentation, evaluation of participation in research and activities in seminars and workshop.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- Requirements for the student: attendance at seminars, elaboration and presentation of seminar work, participation in research. Elaboration and presentation here. work - 20 points, participation in research - questionnaire survey: obtaining questionnaires from the field of tourism - 20 points, written exam - 60 b.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/zima2022/CVABPCLH