OPF:CVABKJA2 Professional English 2 - Course Information
CVABKJA2 Professional English 2School of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/12. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martina Chylková (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Janusz Karpeta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Janusz Karpeta, Ph.D.
Department of Tourism and Leisure Activities - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: PhDr. Janusz Karpeta, Ph.D.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- CVABKJA2/01: Fri 16. 10. 9:45–11:20 A111, Fri 13. 11. 9:45–11:20 A111, Fri 4. 12. 9:45–11:20 A111, M. Chylková
CVABKJA2/02: Sat 17. 10. 8:05–9:40 A217, Sat 14. 11. 8:05–9:40 A217, Sat 5. 12. 8:05–9:40 A217, M. Chylková
CVABKJA2/03: Fri 16. 10. 11:25–13:00 A217, Fri 13. 11. 11:25–13:00 A217, Fri 4. 12. 11:25–13:00 A217, J. Karpeta
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( K )
Prerequisites - other information about course preconditions: The course may be enrolled independently on other courses. Students may enroll part 2, if he/she successfully completed part 1, or if he/she is studying parts 1 and 2 at the same time. A student who has obtained a certificate from a foreign language with international validity, may ask for recognition according to the particular language level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 105 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 16/105, only registered: 0/105
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Course objectives: After completing the course successfully student reaches the 1st level of the B1 level (SERR). The course focuses primarily on the development of independent speaking and listening skills. Training takes the form of discussions, role playing, processing case studies and presentations. The receptive skills - listening and reading - are here to develop rapid familiarization with the text, general understanding and retrieval of detailed information. Attention is also paid to the systematic development of vocational vocabulary, comprehension and study collocations and phrases. Besides the usual language skills, students deepen their searching skills for thematic information on the Internet. Moreover, they extend the ability to work independently with interactive learning materials (DVD-ROM - including audio and video recordings).
- 1. Advertising, Buying and selling
2. Negotiating, Comparatives
3. Negotiating by email, Case study
5. Interrupting in meeting
6. Agendas and action minutes
7. Kept it in the family
8. The stock markets
9. Trading stocks
11. Going global
12. Reports of recommendation, case study
13. Summary and revision
- 1. Advertising, Buying and selling
- required literature
- KARPETA, J. Business English 1. Karviná: SU OPF, 2013. ISBN 978-80-7248-832-2. info
- Richardson, K. et al. The Business Pre-intermediate, Student´s book. Oxford, 2008. ISBN 978-0-230-02154-9. info
- MURPHY, R. English Grammar In Use, A self-study reference book for intermediate student sof English. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. ISBN 0-521- 53289-2. info
- recommended literature
- VINCE, M. New Intermediate Language Practice with key. Macmillan Education, 2007. ISBN 9781405007689. info
- Aspinall, T., Bethel, G. Test your business vocabulary in use. Cambridge, 2007. ISBN 987-0-521-53254-9. info
- Bürger, J. Velký ekonomický slovník anglicko-český/ česko-anglický. Plzeň, 2007. ISBN 978-80-7238-639-0. info
- Dynda, A., Dyndová, E. Česko-anglický obchodní poradce. Praha, 2004. ISBN 80-7310-017-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Skills demonstration
- Assessment methods
- Combined exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Seminář 12 HOD/SEM.
- Teacher's information
- Requirements on student:
The course is finished by the course-credit.
Students will prepare a speech for the oral ongoing test to one of the above topics in the curriculum, which is evaluated by the teacher in the range from 0 to 20 points depending on the level of the speech. The written test is set at 20 points, the credit test at 60 points. Successful completion of the course is determined by obtaining at least 60 points out of 100 possible points.
Activity Difficulty [h] Konzultace 6 Ostatní studijní zátěž 18 Seminář 6 Zápočet 30 Summary 60