FPF:UCJANGBP16 Bachelor Thesis Seminar 1 - Course Information
UCJANGBP16 Bachelor Thesis Seminar 1Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Marie Crhová, Ph.D., MA (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Hájek (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Marie Crhová, Ph.D., MA
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- UCJANGBP16/A: Wed 16:25–18:00 M8, P. Hájek
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- English (programme FPF, ANGbp)
- Course objectives
- The course provides students with practical advice and information on the process of processing a bachelor's thesis. Students will get acquainted with the range of topics they can address in their bachelor's thesis, with the requirements for the content and formal form of the work, their knowledge of science methodology and citation standards will be deepened. The course will include presentations of the intention of the bachelor's thesis followed by a discussion.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to work on his/her the BA dissertation
- 1. Significance and characteristics of bachelor thesis (BT). Choice of BP topic.
- 2. The role of the student. The role of the supervisor. The role of the opponent. Job consultation. Work schedule.
- 3. Terms of assignment and submission of work. BP assignment - thesis title, formulation of the plan, recommended literature.
- 4. Methodical instruction. Formatting work.
- 5. Scope and division of work. Abstract. Keywords. Introduction to work. Conclusion.
- 6. Theoretical part of BP: Selection of relevant sources, comparison, commentary. Printed and electronic resources, databases.
- 7. Theoretical part of BP: Citation standard. Plagiarism.
- 8. Practical part of BP: Hypotheses and research questions. Researched material.
- 9. Practical part of BP: Research methods. Presentation and evaluation of work results.
- 10. Submission of BP. Work evaluation criteria. BP presentation and the course of the defense.
- 11. Presentation of the structure of the bachelor's thesis.
- 12. Presentation of the structure of the bachelor's thesis.
- 13. Presentation of the structure of the bachelor's thesis.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- consultation with the supervisor and presentation of the structure of the bachelor's thesis
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2023/UCJANGBP16