FPF:UCJANGBP54 English in IT 1 - Course Information
UCJANGBP54 English in IT 1Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Veronika Woznicová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Gabriela Entlová, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- English (programme FPF, ANGbp)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to understand specific IT information in spoken and written form. The student will get acquainted with the language specifics and tools used in English focused on information technology. IT terminology is emphasised.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to describe processes, technical equipment and solve professional issues within the working process.
- 1. Meeting People 2. Jobs in IT 3. Schedules 4. Business Matters 5. Computer Hardware 6. Computer Software 7. Working With Computers 8. Computer Usage 9. Business Matters 10. Website Purpose 11. Website Analytics 12. Website development 13. Revise and Check
- required literature
- Olejniczak, M. (2011). English for information technology. Essex: Pearson Education, 2011.
- Glendinning, E. H. aj. McEwan. (2006). Oxford English for information technology. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006.
- recommended literature
- Marks, J. (2007). Check your English vocabulary for computers and information technology: all you need to improve your vocabulary. 3rd ed. London: A. & C. Black.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion, projects and presentations, homework, reading
- Assessment methods
- written lexical test, oral presentation on selected IT topic, 75% attendance
- Language of instruction