FPF:UCJANGBP55 English in IT 2 - Course Information
UCJANGBP55 English in IT 2Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Gabriela Entlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Veronika Woznicová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Gabriela Entlová, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- UCJANGBP55/A: Wed 9:45–11:20 M13, V. Woznicová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- English (programme FPF, ANGbp)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is a deeper understanding of specific IT knowledge in spoken and written form. The student will broaden the language specifics and tools used in English focused on information technology. The main methods of corporate communication will also be included.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to solve professional issues within the working process and corporate communications.
- 1. Introduction to the course 2. Database basics 3. Data processing 4. Data storage and back-up 5. Database systems benefit 6. Types of network 7. Networking hardware 8. Fault diagnosis 9. Software and hardware repair 10. Customer service 11. Security solutions 12. Security procedures 13. Reporting incidents
- required literature
- Olejniczak, M. (2011). English for information technology. Essex: Pearson Education, 2011.
- Glendinning, E. H. aj. McEwan. (2006). Oxford English for information technology. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006.
- recommended literature
- Marks, J. (2007). Check your English vocabulary for computers and information technology: all you need to improve your vocabulary. 3rd ed. London: A. & C. Black.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion, projects and presentation, homework, reading
- Assessment methods
- written lexical test, oral presentation on selected IT topic, 75% attendance
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2023/UCJANGBP55