FPF:UCJIOPBP04 Italian History and Culture 1 - Course Information
UCJIOPBP04 Italian History and Culture 1Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jaroslava Malá (lecturer)
Mgr. Jaroslava Malá (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Karla Vymětalová, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Wed 13:05–13:50 M15-LUCJ
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Italian for Professional Purposes (programme FPF, IOP)
- Course objectives
- The exposition of Italian history follows the scheme typical for Italian schools. In this way the students become familiar with the Italian view of their own history. The seminar concentrates on the history of art.
- Learning outcomes
- Students have a general knowledge of the history of Italy from antiquity to the 19th century related to the development of art.
- 1. The definition of Italy 2. The prehistoric Italy 3. The ancient Italy before the Romans. 4. The ancient Rome. 5. The early Middle Ages 6. The Italian communes and signorias 7. Culture in the Italian courts 8. Periods of foreign hegemony and regional states 9. Inventors and travellers 10. From Napoleon to the foundation of the Italian kingdom. 11. The armed resistance in the South of Italy 12. The conquest of Rome 13. The birth of political parties
- Teaching methods
- lecture + seminar
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2023/UCJIOPBP04