FPF:UCJIOPBP54 English 3 - Course Information
UCJIOPBP54 English 3Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. René Kron, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. René Kron, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Italian for Professional Purposes (programme FPF, IOP)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the tutorials is to improve the practical knowledge of the language and develop all the language skills.
- Learning outcomes
- The students are able to cummunicate in English at the pre-intermediate level.
- 1. Second conditional. Animals. Word stress. 2. Present perfect + for and since. Phobias and words related to fear. Sentence stress. 3. Present perfect vs past simple. Biographies. Word stress. 4. Passive. Verbs (invent, discover, etc.). Sentence stress. 5. Used to + inf. School subjects. 6. Might. Word building (noun formation). Diphthongs. 7. Expressing movement. Sports. 8. Word order of phrasal verbs. Phrasal verbs. Linking. 9. So, neither + auxiliaries. Similarities. Sentence stress. 10. Past perfect. Verb phrases. Contractions. 11. Reported speech. Say vs tell. Double consonants. 12. Questions without auxiliaries. 13. Revise and check 9-12.
- required literature
- Oxenden, Latham-Koenig, Seligson. New English File Pre-Intermediate, Oxford 2009. Student´s Book + Workbook. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Attendance, final test.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2023/UCJIOPBP54