FPF:UCJIOPBP57 English 6 - Course Information
UCJIOPBP57 English 6Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. René Kron, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. René Kron, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Italian for Professional Purposes (programme FPF, IOP)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the tutorials is to improve the practical knowledge of the language and develop all the language skills.
- Learning outcomes
- The student masters the English language verbally and in writing at a level corresponding to the textbook used.
- 1. First conditional. Time clauses. Make vs let. 2. Education. The letter u. 3. Second conditional. 4. Houses. Sentence stress. 5. Reported speech. 6. Shopping. Making nouns from verbs. 7. Gerunds and infinitives. 8. Work. Word stress. 9. Third conditional. 10. Making adjectives and adverbs. 11. Quantifiers. Separable phrasal units. 12. Electronic devices. Phrasal verbs. Linking. 13. Revise and check 7-9.
- required literature
- Latham-Koenig, Christina, and Clive Oxenden. 2013. English File Intermediate Student’s Book. 3rd Edition. Oxford: OUP. Latham-Koenig, Christina, Clive Oxenden, and Jane Hudson. 2013. English File Intermediate Workbook. 3rd Edition. Oxford: OUP.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- attendance min. 75%, written test
- Language of instruction