FPF:UCJNCOBP24 Academic writing - Course Information
UCJNCOBP24 Academic writingFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Miroslav Urbanec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Miroslav Urbanec, Ph.D.
Institute of Foreign Languages - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- UCJNCOBP24/A: Thu 11:25–13:00 M9, M. Urbanec
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- German (programme FPF, NEM)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the basics of writing university texts (demands placed on university text, its structure, work with sources and secondary literature, the problem of plagiarism, argumentation). An important role in this context is played by tasks (practice of creating specific texts), which students work out at home according to the instructions of the teacher and which are the subject of joint control and discussion in the following lesson.
- Learning outcomes
- The student is able to summarize the basic features of the academic text. The student is able to structure the academic text, work with sources and professional literature, avoid plagiarism and argue.
- 1. The problem of plagiarism 2. Primary and secondary literature 3. Internet resources 4. Critique of sources 5. Principles of citation 1 6. Principles of citation 2 7. Bibliography 8. Arguments 1 9. Arguments 2 10. Architecture of university text 1 11. Architecture of university text 2 12. Short texts (abstract, reviews, fence summary, handout) 13. Summary
- required literature
- Zbíral, R.: Příručka psaní seminárních a jiných vysokoškolských odborných prací. Praha: Linde, 2009.
- recommended literature
- Sommer, R.: Schreibkompetenzen. Erfolgreich wissenschaftlich schreiben. Stuttgart: Klett Lerntraining, 2013.
- Eco, U.: Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- portfolio s vypracovanými úkoly, docházka (75%)
- Language of instruction