OPF:PEMBKEPO Economy of Enterprise - Course Information
PEMBKEPO Economy of EnterpriseSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 16/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Jarmila Duháček Šebestová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jarmila Duháček Šebestová, Ph.D.
Department of Business Economics and Management - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Ing. Žaneta Rylková, Ph.D.
- Thu 19. 10. 15:35–17:10 MS, Thu 23. 11. 15:35–17:10 MS, Thu 14. 12. 15:35–17:10 MS
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( K )
Introduction to business economics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 190 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 218/190, only registered: 6/190
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course "Business Economics" will be to acquaint students with the company's functioning in general concerning other disciplines that will follow in the study (accounting, marketing, management…). The partial goal is to comprehensively acquaint the student with the interconnectedness of individual business processes and support his logical thinking and decision-making. The output of his knowledge will be the concept of the company as a living organism, where the student understands that any change in one process causes a chain reaction in other processes and problems of the company can not be solved separately (e.g. only production, only supply).
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will describe and evaluate the fundamental business processes and use the basic calculations of business economics.
- 1. Basic characteristics of the company
Objectives of the company and its functions (activities). The organizational construction of the company. The life cycle of a company and its phases. Property and capital structure of the company. Founding budget. Production factors and their classification. Consumption of factors of production.
2. Value flows in the company
Business costs. Cost classification criteria in the company Cost function. Use of the cost function in managerial decision making. Outputs, revenues, sales. Costs, revenues, profit or loss in the break-even-point (BEP) diagram.
3. Decision-making tasks in business management
Basic procedures for deciding on price, range, cost limits, based on knowledge of the BEP.
4. Main business processes
Purchasing activity of the company. Example of creating a purchase plan. Production activity of the enterprise (including service enterprises). Demonstration of creating a production plan. Sales activity of the company. Demonstration of creating a sales plan.
5. Secondary business processes
Personnel activity in the company. Business support activities (administration, investment).
6. Business numeracy and its importance
Cost calculation, cost calculation methods. Basic types of calculations. Company budget (essential).
- 1. Basic characteristics of the company
- required literature
- ČEMERKOVÁ, Š., J. ŠEBESTOVÁ a K. STELMACH. Nauka o podniku I. Bratislava, 2016. ISBN 978-80-89553-43-3. info
- ČEMERKOVÁ, Š., J. ŠEBESTOVÁ a K. STELMACH. Nauka o podniku II. Bratislava, 2016. ISBN 978-80-89553-44-0. info
- CHOBOTOVÁ, M. a kol. Podniková ekonomika v definicích a příkladech. Karviná: SU OPF, 2010. ISBN 978-80-7248-64-10. info
- recommended literature
- SYNEK, M. a kol. Podniková ekonomika. Praha: Grada, 2010. ISBN 978-80-7400-336-3. info
- WÖHE, G. a E. KISLINGEROVÁ. Úvod do podnikového hospodářství. 2. vyd. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2007. ISBN 978-80-7179-897-2. info
- BOUKAL, P., H. MIKOVCOVÁ a H. SCHOLLEOVÁ. Podniková ekonomika 1. Sbírka příkladů. Praha: VŠE, 2005. ISBN 80-245-0679-3. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, tutorials, homeworks
- Assessment methods
- Assessment methods: full-term work, based on active participation in tutorials (30% of evaluation), written exam (70% of assessment). The sum of the obtained points gives the overall evaluation of the student. The minimum success rate is 60% of their total number.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Přednáška 16 HOD/SEM.
- Teacher's information
- Requirements for the student: active participation in tutorials associated with the solution of complex case studies of business economics and the elaboration of a semester-long work.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/winter2023/PEMBKEPO