OPF:EVSNAMAB Macroeconomics - Course Information
EVSNAMAB MacroeconomicsSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 3/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Dr. Ing. Ingrid Majerová (lecturer)
Dr. Ing. Ingrid Majerová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Ing. Michal Tvrdoň, Ph.D.
Departament of Economics and Public Administration - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Dr. Ing. Ingrid Majerová
- Mon 12:15–14:40 A206
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( N ) && FORMA ( P )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 7/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to provide students with the necessary knowledge in a comprehensive way to enable their better orientation in a relatively complex area of international business and enable them to apply their knowledge of international markets and international marketing methods in practice. International marketer needs to know, analyze and respond to changes in the international environment and also needs to be able to successfully apply knowledge of specific marketing strategies that determine the success of international business.
- Keynesian Models
Two- sector national model and equilibrium income. Consumption, investment and savings function. Output-Expenditure approach. Three sector model tax, consumption and government expenditure function. Aggregate expenditure function and equilibrium national income. Four-sector model import, export and net export function. Output Expenditure approach: equilibrium national income. Crowding out effect.
Open Economy and Balance of Payment
Characteristic of open economy. Trade balance and net capital outflow. Savings and investment in open economy. Prices for international transactions nominal and real exchange rate. Appreciation and depreciation. Balance of payment and its structure. Current account, capital and financial account, statistical discrepancy. Credit and debit flows in balance of payment.
Model IS-LM, IS-LM- BP
The current balance on goods market and the market of assets IS-LM model. The effectiveness of fiscal policy and monetary policy through the prism of IS-LM model. The effect of changes in the expected rate of inflation at the level of income in the economy. Effectiveness of fiscal and monetary policy through the prism of the IS-LM-BP in conditions of perfect mobility of capital and the system of fixed and flexible exchange rates.
Aggregate demand and its structure, characteristics of aggregate demand curve and its formalization. Influence of fiscal and monetary policy on shifts in the aggregate demand and aggregate supply curves. Dynamization of the model AS-AD. Fiscal and monetary policy in the case of the dynamic aggregate demand and aggregate supply curves.
Business cycle theory
Long-run and short-run determination of growth and business cycles. Characteristic of growth and business cycle. Theoretical approach to the business cycle classicals, keynesians and monetarists. Leading, coincident and lagging indicators of business cycles. Causes of fluctuations. The phases of business cycles. International aspects of business cycles.
The factors of economic growth natural resources, investment in human capital, investment in capital goods and entrepreneurship. Costs and benefits of economic growth, the issue of welfare and environmental impact of economic growth. Opportunity costs of growth. Economic growth and possibility frontiers. Economic growth and convergence. Empirical cases of economic growth.
- Keynesian Models
- required literature
- MANKIEW, N.G., 2019. Macroeconomics. 10th Edition. New York: Worth Publishers. ISBN 978-1-31924-358-6.
- ROMER, D., 2018. Advanced Macroeconomics. 5th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill. ISBN 978-1-26018-521-8.
- recommended literature
- BLANCHARD, O., 2017. Macroeconomics, 7th Edition. London: Pearson Education Limited. ISBN 978-1-292-16050-4.
- COWEN, T. and TABARROK, A., 2018. Modern Principles of Macroeconomics. New York: Worth Publishers. ISBN 978-1-3191-8206-9.
- CHUGH, S. K., 2015. Modern Macroeconomics. Cambridge: MIT Press. ISBN 978-1-0- 26202-937-7.
- Teaching methods
- Lecture with presentation in Power-point
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- attendance in seminars 60 %, final combined exam
Activity Difficulty [h] Ostatní studijní zátěž 77 Přednáška 39 Seminář 26 Zkouška 40 Summary 182