OPF:PEMNABEN Business Environment - Course Information
PEMNABEN Business EnvironmentSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Ing. Jarmila Šebestová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Šárka Zapletalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Šárka Zapletalová, Ph.D.
Department of Business Economics and Management - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Ing. Šárka Zapletalová, Ph.D.
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( N ) && FORMA ( P )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Accounting and Taxes)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Business)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Corporate Finance)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Marketing and Trade)
- Course objectives
- The business environment is an important determinant for long-term development of entrepreneurial activities. The course objective is to provide students comprehensive and necessary knowledge about business environment and its parts. Students will be introduced to the issue of business environment in the whole its complexity and the specificity.
- Business Environment
Business environment refers to those aspects of the surroundings of enterprises which have influence on the functioning of entrepreneurial activities. The surroundings of enterprise are constantly changing. The success of enterprise depends on its alertness and adaptability to changes in the environment.
External and Internal Business Environment
Enterprises are affected by internal and external environmental factors. Internal environment includes internal factors of the enterprise which can be controlled by enterprise. Internal environment refers to environment within the organization. Whereas external factors are beyond the control of enterprise. External environment includes factors outside the enterprise which can provide opportunities or pose threats to the enterprise.
Global Business Environment
Global business environment is broader environment than the business environment of a particular country. Significant part of the global business environment is the world economy. The objective of the topic is to understand (and identify) forces that shape the global business environment.
Analysis of the Business Environment
Analysis of the business environment is the study of various components of environment affecting the enterprise. It is the process by which enterprises monitor their relevant environment to identify opportunities and threats affecting their business. The analysis becomes an important step towards corporate planning and business policy decisions.
Business Environment of Transnational Enterprises
Enterprises that are involved in international business will deal with a variety of regulatory regimes. Contemporary business environment is governed by both national regulations and multilateral rules. It is important for transnational enterprises to understand both how the international institutions operate and they array of trade regulations which one is likely to be faced with when undertaking commercial relations across international boundaries.
Business Environment of Family Businesses
Family businesses are crucially important for global business environment. Business environment in family business has some specific features. These specifics are given by blending of ownership factor, management factor and family factor.
- Business Environment
- required literature
- HAMILTON, H. and P. WEBSTER. The International Business Environment, 3rd ed. Oxford University Press, 2015. ISBN 978-0-19-870419-5. info
- NORDQVIST, M., MELIN, L., WALDKIRCH, M. and G. KUMETO. Theoretical Perspectives on Family Business. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2015. ISBN 978-1-7834-79658. info
- NYILAS, J. World Economy and Its Main Development Tendencies. Springer Science & Business Media, 2013. ISBN 978-9-4017-3502-5. info
- JAIN, T. R., TREHAN, M. AND R. TREHAN. Business Environment. FK Publications, 2010. ISBN 978-8-1885-9757-4. info
- WORTHINGTOVN, I. AND CH. BRITTON. The Business Environment. Pearson Education, 2009. ISBN 978-0-2737-1675-4. info
- WERHERLY, P. a D. OTTER. The Business Envronment: themes and issues. Oxford: Oxford Univesity Press, 2008. ISBN 978-0-19-920305-5. info
- BROOKS, I., WEATHERSTON, J. AND G. WILKINSON. The International Business Environment. Pearson Education, 2004. ISBN 978-0-2736-8247-9. info
- recommended literature
- WARD, J. Perpetuating the Family Business: 50 Lessons Learned From Long Lasting, Successful Families in Business. Springer, 2016. ISBN 978-0-2305-0599-5. info
- WARNOCK, D. The International Business Environment: A Handbook for Managers and Executives. CRC Presss, 2015. ISBN 978-1-4987-3115-7. info
- GRUNIG, R. AND R. KUHN. The Strategy Planning Process: Analyses, Options, Projects. Springer, 2015. ISBN 978-3-6624-5649-1. info
- PAUL, D., EVA, M., CADLE, J., HINDLE, K., YEATES, D., ROLLASON,. Business Analysis, 3rd ed. Swindon: BCS Learning & Development Limited, 2014. ISBN 978-1-780172-77-4. info
- HARRISON, A. Business Environment in a Global Context. Oxford University Press, 2013. ISBN 978-0-1996-7258-5. info
- POZA, E. Family Business. Cengage Learning, 2013. ISBN 978-1-2850-5682-1. info
- KASLOW, F. W. Handbook of Family Business and Family Business Consultations: A Global Perspective. Routledge. Taylor & Francis Group, 2012. ISBN 978-1-1367-8141-4. info
- CAMBELL, D. and T. CRAIG. Organizations and Business Environment, 2nd ed. Routledge. Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann, 2012. ISBN 978-1-1363-7518-7. info
- IETTO-GILLIES, G. Transnational Corporations and International Production: Concepts, Theories and Effects. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2012. ISBN 978-0-8579-3226-6. info
- Teaching methods
- One-to-One tutorial
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- attendance in seminars 60 %, seminar paper, defense of seminar paper, course credit test