OPF:PEMNAMAM International Marketing - Course Information
PEMNAMAM International MarketingSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Michal Stoklasa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Michal Stoklasa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Halina Starzyczná, Ph.D.
Department of Business Economics and Management - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Ing. Kateřina Matušínská, Ph.D.
- Wed 10:35–12:10 A412
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( N ) && FORMA ( P )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 10/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Economic in Trade and Services (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Accounting and Taxes)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Business)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Corporate Finance)
- Business Economics and Management (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN, specialization Marketing and Trade)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to provide students with the necessary knowledge in a comprehensive way to enable their better orientation in a relatively complex area of international business and enable them to apply their knowledge of international markets and international marketing methods in practice. International marketer needs to know, analyze and respond to changes in the international environment and also needs to be able to successfully apply knowledge of specific marketing strategies that determine the success of international business.
- Types of International Marketing
The differences between domestic (national) and international (foreign) marketing are examined to properly understand the three main variants of international marketing export, global, and intercultural. Active and passive motives to enter new market are thoroughly explained.
International Marketing Environment Analysis
International marketing environment and its main aspects are explained through PEST (STEER) analysis and its different variants with the main focus on economic, political and legal, social and cultural, and technological environment. Mentioned are also other suitable analyses and how to properly execute them internationally.
International Market Research
All the various methods and usable techniques of market research are explained, with focus on techniques that work well on more than one market and are suitable for companies of various sizes, as well as how to do the STP process, i.e. segmentation, targeting, and positioning.
International Marketing Strategy
Marketing strategy is described through vision, mission, strategic goals and strategy of marketing mix, with accent to differences that need to be adapted when doing business internationally. The various forms of market entry are also thoroughly examined.
Marketing mix for tangible products consists of 4Ps. Product is explained in detail focusing on the concept of marketing total product, strategies of global or adapted product, branding, and packaging. Price is explained on pricing strategy, focusing mainly on pricing goals, methods, various pricing models and pricing specifics in international marketing. Distribution strategy is based on understanding the role of intermediaries, its various types and methods of structuring distribution chain. Marketing communication is explained through a campaign, with focus on analysis, goals, communication models, tools, budgeting, implementation, and evaluation.
- Types of International Marketing
- required literature
- MACHKOVÁ, H., KRÁL, P., LHOTÁKOVÁ, M. International marketing: theory, practices and new trends. VŠE Praha Oeconomica., 2010. ISBN 978-80-245-1643-1. info
- CATEORA, P. R., GILLY, M. C., GRAHAM, J. L. International Marketing. Boston, 2009. ISBN 978-0-07-128838-5. info
- recommended literature
- BOWEN, H., HOLLANDER, A. and J. M. VIAENE. Applied international trade. Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012. ISBN 978-0230-52154-4. info
- MOORE, C. International Retail Marketing: a case study approach. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2004. ISBN 978-0-7506-5748-8. info
- BIRTWISTLE, G., BRUCE, M., MOORE, CH. M. International Retail Marketing: a case study approach. Amsterdam: Elsevier., 2004. ISBN 978-0-7506-5748-8. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture with presentation in Power-point
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- attendance in seminars 50 %, seminar paper, defence of seminar paper, final written exam
Activity Difficulty [h] Ostatní studijní zátěž 66 Přednáška 26 Seminář 13 Zkouška 40 Summary 145
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/summer2020/PEMNAMAM