OPF:PEMNAMEK Managerial Economics - Course Information
PEMNAMEK Managerial EconomicsSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Karel Stelmach, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Pavel Adámek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Jarmila Duháček Šebestová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Monika Chobotová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Žaneta Rylková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Karel Stelmach, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Karel Stelmach, Ph.D.
Department of Business Economics and Management - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: Ing. Žaneta Rylková, Ph.D.
- The course can be registered independently on the courses.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Economy of Enterprise in Trade and Services (programme OPF, N_EKOMAN)
- Course objectives
- Content of the course continues the courses Business Economics and Business Calculations which introduce students to the problems of management of economics in company. The course is based on knowledge of the processes that take place in the company, the aim is to learn to describe them, rekord them, measure their performance, not only through financial as well as non-financial indicators and to use modern management methods for management. Furthermore, it leads to practical use in preparing analyzes of the founding of the budget, assessment of investment projects and evaluation of innovative projects.
1. Summary of basic economic concepts and relationships of the subjects of Business Economics and Business Calculations
2. Indicators - profit, gross margin, cash flow, comparison and fields of application.
3. Nonlinear dependence of revenues and costs of production. Maximizing of profit. Operating lever.
4. Management of cost-oriented business processes.
5. Use of modified break even point in the assessment of the economic activity of enterprises (trade organizations).
6. Production planning, production program, capacity of production lines.
7. Productivity. Labor produktivity. Economics of scale.
8. Analysis of the economic activity of the business. Management concept of economic analysis.
9. Business capital as a factor of production.
10.Assessment of financial performance of the company.
11.Management of innovation processes in a company.
12.Assessment of economic efficiency of investment.
13.Balanced Scorecard and its importace in business practice.
- required literature
- JONES, T. Business Economics and Managerial Decision Making. England: John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2004. ISBN 0-471-48674-4. info
- DAVIS, H., LAM, P. Managerial Economics and Analysis of Business Issues. Great Britain: Bell and Brain Ltd.,, 2001. ISBN 978-0-273-64628-0. info
- recommended literature
- EHRLENSPIEL, K., KIERWERT, A., LINDEMANN, N. Cost-Efficient Design. New York: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2007. ISBN 978-3-540-34647-0. info
- NIVEN, P.R. Balanced Scorecard Step-by-Step. New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons, 2006. ISBN 978-0-471-78049-6. info
- NELLIS, J. G., PARKER, D. Principles of Business Economics. 2nd edition. Great Britain: Henry Ling Ltd., 2006. ISBN 978-0-273-69306-2. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture supplemented with a discussion
- Assessment methods
- Written test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- Requirements on student:
attendance in seminars 60%, seminar paper, discussion, course test (minimum 60 %), final combined exam
Activity Difficulty [h] Ostatní studijní zátěž 53 Přednáška 26 Seminář 26 Zkouška 40 Summary 145