OPF:CVABACTA The Tourist Attractions in the - Course Information
CVABACTA The Tourist Attractions in the Czech Republic and in the WorldSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Miroslava Kostková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Patrik Kajzar, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Miroslava Kostková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Miroslava Kostková, Ph.D.
Department of Tourism and Leisure Activities - School of Business Administration in Karvina
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( P )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Tourist Industry and Tourism (programme OPF, B_CRT)
- 1. Introduction to the theory of tourism
Introduction to the theory of tourism. The tourism definitions. The tourism division, tourism potential, a description of specific forms of tourism.
2. Tourist attractions in the Czech Republic
The main tourist attractions in Prague, South Bohemia, South Moravia, Karlovy Vary, Hradec Králové, Liberec, Moravia-Silesia, Olomouc, Pardubice, Pilsen, Central Bohemia, Ústí nad Labem, Vysočina and Zlín.
3. Tourist attractions in the Europe
Tourist attractions in Central European Countries: Switzerland and Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Poland, Slovak Republic, Hungary. Attractiveness of tourism in the countries of Eastern Europe: Bulgaria, Romania, Lithuania , Latvia, Estonia, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. Tourist attractions in Western European countries: UK, Ireland, Benelux. Tourist attractions in the southern European countries: Portugal, Spain and Andorra, France and Monaco, Italy, San Marino, Vatican, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Albania, Greece, Malta. Tourist attractions in the northern European countries: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland.
4. Tourist attractions in the Americas
Tourist attractions in selected countries of the north America: United States, Canada, Mexico and Caribbean islands. Tourist attractions in selected countries of the south America: Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela, Chile, Bolivia, Colombia.
5. Tourist attractions in the Asia
Tourist attractions in selected countries of the Asia: Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, UAE, China, Japan, India, Maldives, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand.
6. Tourist attractions in the Africa
Tourist attractions in selected countries of the Africa: Egypt, Morrocco, Tunisia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Namibia, Ethiopia, Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Mali, Mozambique, Madagascar, Seychelles, Cape Verde Island.
7. Tourist attractions in the Australia and Oceania
Sydney and its monuments, natural monuments in southern and northern Australia. Sydney Opera House, Great Barrier Reef, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Blue Mountains National Park and so on.
- 1. Introduction to the theory of tourism
- required literature
- STEVES, R. and H. VIHAN. Prague and the Czech Republic. Rick Steves, 2015. ISBN 978-16-312-105-56. info
- UNESCO. World Heritage Sites: A Complete Guide to 878 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. 2009. ISBN 978-1-55407-463-1. info
- HUDMAN, L. E. and R. H. JACKSON. Geography of Travel & Tourism. Delmar Cengage Learning, 2002. ISBN 978-07-668-325-65. info
- recommended literature
- KAJZAR, P. Vybrané kapitoly z geografie cestovního ruchu. Karviná: SU OPF, 2015. ISBN 978-80-7510-156-3. info
- HALL, M. C. and S. J. PAGE. The Geographyof tourism and Recreation: Environment, Place and Space. Oxford: Routledge, 2014. ISBN 978-04-158-3399-8. info
- HRALA, V. Geografie cestovního ruchu. Praha: Idea servis, 2013. ISBN 978-80-859-7079-1. info
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY. 100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do. 2011. ISBN 9781426207587. info
- BROOK, S. National Geographic Traveler: Prague and the Czech Republic. Washington, D.C: National Geographic Society, 2010. ISBN 978142620635. info
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- Student requirements: 2 tests in course teaching, seminar work with presentation, presence on seminars.
Assessment methods: 2 tests in course teaching (20 %), seminář work with presentation (10 %), condition of the approach to the examinationis 60% presence on seminars (10 %), written exam (60 %).
- Enrolment Statistics (Winter 2019, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/winter2019/CVABACTA