OPF:PEMBPPDK Podnikání - Course Information
PEMBPPDK PodnikáníSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Jarmila Duháček Šebestová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jarmila Duháček Šebestová, Ph.D.
Department of Business Economics and Management - School of Business Administration in Karvina
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( P )
The course is a starting point for other subjects in the field of business.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Digitální Business (programme OPF, B_DB)
- Course objectives
- The course aims to motivate students to do business. Students get acquainted with the basic principles of business.
- Learning outcomes
- - The student is able to evaluate their business idea - The student is able to describe the processes in business and basic requirements.
- 1. Entrepreneur, business and interpretation of basic concepts Businessman and his definition. Definition of business. Evaluation of own potential for business. Methods supporting entrepreneurship. 2. Entrepreneurship and its support Definition of small and medium enterprises according to valid legislation. Support for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups. Ecosystems supporting business (incubators, coworking centres). Possibilities to use mentoring and coaching in business. 3. Own entry into the business Evaluation of own idea into a business. Using Lean Canvas to evaluate an idea. Environmental analysis, risk analysis of Lean Canvas plans prepared in this way and their presentation. 4. Specific groups of entrepreneurs Family business and succession. Young business, businesswomen. Social business. Taking advantage of opportunities and differences in the market. 5. Operational management of the company Basic principles in the management of a start-up company in the field of personnel, finance, operation. Economic minimum for a beginning entrepreneur. Crisis management related to the life cycle of the company. 6. Business development Networking and alliances in business. Innovation as a source of growth and development of the company. Scale-up trends in business. Financial interconnection of companies. 7. International business activities in business Strategies and structures of international trade, particular roles of various functions of international trade. Formulation and implementation of strategies, plans and tactics for success in international business activities.
- required literature
- DUHÁČEK ŠEBESTOVÁ, Jarmila. Podnikání: Distanční studijní text. Karviná: Slezská univerzita v Opavě Obchodně podnikatelská fakulta v Karviné, 2020. info
- MULAČOVÁ, V. a P. MULAČ, 2013. Obchodní podnikání ve 21. století. Praha: Grada. ISBN 978-80-247-4780-4.
- VEBER, J. a J. SRPOVÁ. Podnikání malé a střední firmy. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2012. ISBN 820694501. info
- recommended literature
- AULET, B., M. URSACHE and Ch. SNYDER, 2017. Disciplined entrepreneurship workbook. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. ISBN 978-1119365792.
- NECK, H. M., Ch. P. NECK and E. L. MURRAY, 2018. Entrepreneurship: the practice and mindset. Los Angeles: SAGE. ISBN 978-1483383521.
- SRPOVÁ, J. et al. Podnikatelský plán a strategie. Praha:Grada Publishing, 2011. ISBN 978-80-247-4103-1. info
- SRPOVÁ, J. a V. ŘEHOŘ. Základy podnikání - teoretické poznatky, příklady a zkušenosti českých podnikatelů. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2010. ISBN 607525857. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion, group projects
- Assessment methods
- Assessment methods: full-semester work, based on active participation in seminars (30% of evaluation), presentation of work results in the form of intention and discussion (20% of evaluation), written exam (50% of evaluation). The overall evaluation of the student is given by the sum of the obtained points. The minimum success rate is 60% of their total number.
- Language of instruction
- Teacher's information
- Requirements for the student: active participation in seminars associated with the solution of complex case studies and processing of semester work.