FPF:UBKCJLBP03 Introduction to linguistics - Course Information
UBKCJLBP03 Introduction to linguisticsFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Kristýna Dufková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Magdaléna Lapúniková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Kristýna Dufková, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Tue 9:45–11:20 H6
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech language and literature (programme FPF, CJAL)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with the foundation of linguistics, its disciplines and basic linguistic terminology.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course, the student will be able to: - understand what linguistics is - distinguish individual branches of linguistics - know the basic terminology - understand the language functions - understand language as the means of identity - describe the structural layers of language
- 1. Language and communication 2. Language as a system and structure 3. Linguistics as a science 4. Spoken and written language 5. Writing systems and their development 6. Layers of the national language 7. Language culture and standard codification 8. Language typology 9. Language development 10. Brain and language 11. Language and identity 12. Nations and languages 13. Czech studies - past and present
- required literature
- Erhart, A. Indoevropské jazyky. info
- Šiška Zbyněk. Úvod do studia jazyka. Olomouc 2002. info
- ČERNÝ, J.:. Úvod do studia jazyka. Rubico: Olomouc, 1998, str. 75 - 100. info
- recommended literature
- CRYSTAL, D. The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language. Cambridge University Press, 2010. info
- BUSSMANN, H.; LAUFFERT, H. Lexikon der Sprachwissenschaft. Alfred Kröner Verlag, 2008. info
- Čermák František. Jazyk a jazykověda. Pražská imaginace. Praha 2006. Praha, 2006. info
- Lotko Edvard. Slovník lingvistických termínů pro filology. Olomouc 1999. Olomouc, 1999. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Written test and oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2023/UBKCJLBP03