FPF:UBKKDBP013 Foreign Language 2 - Course Information
UBKKDBP013 Foreign Language 2Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Petr Hájek (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Hamplová (seminar tutor)
PhDr. René Kron, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Sabina Višnická (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Gabriela Entlová, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- The course is intended for students who do not have German/English as a major.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Cultural Dramaturgy in the theatre practice (programme FPF, KDDP)
- Course objectives
- ENGLISH The course English 2 follows the course English 1 and its aim is to develop knowledge of the grammatical and lexical system of the English language. Emphasis is placed on the grammatical-lexical side of the language and the harmonious development of all four language skills (listening, reading, writing, speaking) so that students communicate clearly and grammatically correct in common situations, both orally and in writing. Students will be acquainted with the system of language in its common use with the application of interesting texts for listening and reading, as well as with ways of creating and enriching vocabulary, all with the aim of conscious and purposeful use of language in communication both in terms of fluency and accuracy. The topics discussed reflect the areas of the lessons 3 and 4 of compulsory literature and will be further expanded with additional materials reflecting the specific needs of students in order to deepen the knowledge of the field studied.
- Learning outcomes
- ENGLISH The students acquire the ability of communicative competence in the English language at the level of B.1.2; - the ability to communicate in level B 2.1 in everyday situations about familiar topics and activities of social character, e.g. studies, travelling; - the ability to argue in the informal and formal discourse on well-known and new simple topics using appropriate vocabulary; - ability to communicate in written communication and informal correspondence on a number of types of personal letters or electronic messages, but also in certain formal written communication when writing a CV, invitation or reservation, - the ability to use grammatical phenomena at a certain level, - the ability to follow a presentation on various topics, participate in a discussion, give a presentation on a familiar topic in the field of studies.
- ANGLICKÝ JAZYK:
- 1. The generation gap (stages of life and what typical features we associate them with)
- 2. Past tenses (past simple, past continuous, used to, irregular verbs)
- 3. Events in My Life (-ed endings and sentence rhythm)
- 4. Headlines and news stories (working out meaning from context)
- 5. In the picture (photography vocabulary: describing a photo, taking photos, prepositions)
- 6. Writing an article (“Tips for taking great portrait photos“ – planning the content, thinking of a heading)
- 7. Practical English: (social English phrases for describing and renting a car)
- 8. Rubbish and recycling (rubbish and recycling nouns and phrasal verbs, kinds of packaging, the prefix -re)
- 9. Mobile phone recycling (future forms will / shall and going to, present continuous for future arrangements)
- 10. Degrees and careers (study and work vocabulary: higher education, applying for a job or course, useful phrases)
- 11. Part-time jobs and jobs abroad (first and second conditionals)
- 12. Revision (grammar and vocabulary of Unit 3 and 4, “A New York sanitation worker” – watching a short film)
- 13. Final test
- Povinná literatura:
- LATHAM-KOENIG, CH. / OXENDEN, C. / BOYLE, M. English File Intermediate Plus Student’s Book. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014. ISBN 978-0-19-455831-0.
- NĚMECKÝ JAZYK:
- 1. sagen, wo etwas ist, Weg erklären
- 2 in der Wohnung, Möbel; gesundheitliche Probleme beschreiben
- 3. Termine ausmachen
- 4. Vorschläge machen
- 5. Tattos, Farben, , odborný text a odborná terminologie
- 6. Verkehrsmittel, Reisevorbereitungen besprechen, odborný text a odborná terminologie
- 7. Reiserouten beschreiben, Zimmer reservieren, odborný text a odborná terminologie
- 8. Zug- und Flugverbindungen, odborný text a odborná terminologie
- 9. Über Wetter sprechen, odborný text a odborná terminologie
- 10. Freizeitverhalten, odborný text a odborná terminologie
- 11. Geschenke, Gegenstände beschreiben, odborný text a odborná terminologie
- 12. Zusammenfassung
- 13. Evaluation
- required literature
- Oxenden, Latham-Koenig, Seligson. New English File Intermediate, Oxford 2009. Student´s Book + Workbook.
- Krenn, W./ Puchta, H.: Motive A1. Kompaktkurs Deutsch als Fremdsprache. Kursbuch. München: Hueber, 2015.
- recommended literature
- MURPHY, R. English Grammar in Use. Cambridge, 2006. ISBN 0521537622
- REDMAN, S. English Vocabulary in Use, pre-intermediate. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997. ISBN 0-521-55737-2
- Teaching methods
- Language/communication skills training (oral and written) Group and cooperative teaching/learning.
- Assessment methods
- Written test. Oral exam. Attendance at seminars (75%), activity during the lessons.
- Language of instruction