OPF:CVABPCPO Business in Tourism - Course Information
CVABPCPO Business in TourismSchool of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Pavlína Pellešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Tomáš Heryán, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Patrik Kajzar, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Klára Václavínková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Pavlína Pellešová, Ph.D.
Department of Tourism and Leisure Activities - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Pavlína Pellešová, Ph.D.
- Tue 13:55–15:30 VYAULA
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( P ) && ( ROCNIK ( 2 ) || ROCNIK ( 3 ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 15/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Tourist Industry and Tourism (programme OPF, B_CRT)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with basic concepts in the field of business in tourism, business environment, business plan and tourism product creation, concepts related to personnel work in the company, business ethics, social responsibility and business processes.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- identify and summarize the elements surrounding the tourism business;
- identify and describe the structure of the business plan, including the cost side;
- define and design tourism products;
- characterize the personnel activities of a tourism enterprise; - specify the code of ethics used in tourism businesses;
- describe socially responsible behavior and business in tourism companies;
- explain the motives for the association and concentration of tourism enterprises.
- 1. Business environment in tourism Specifics of the company's environment (business environment) and its division. Characteristics of the external environment of the company. Subsystems around the company. Evaluation of the quality of the business environment. 2. Entrepreneurship and business support in tourism Enterprise and business, forms of business structures. Breakdown of enterprises, its objectives, functions and activities in the field of tourism. Business support in tourism, entities providing support, the concept of state tourism policy in the Czech Republic. 3. Business plan, product in tourism and its quality, standards and quality evaluation Business plan, principles and principles for its processing. Definition of individual parts of the business plan. Definition of the tourism product, catalog offer of the product. Quality and evaluation of product quality in tourism. Product sales strategy for travel agencies and travel agencies. 4. Employees of a tourism company Work with company employees, personnel work, human resources management, its goals, tasks and activities. Employee care, their motivation and education. Forms of remuneration. Labor relations and flexible forms of work. 5. Business ethics and socially responsible business in the conditions of tourism Ethics and code of ethics, business in tourism. Social responsibility, socially responsible behavior and business. 6. Associations of companies, professional associations and associations in tourism Business association processes, methods and motives for concentration. Integration processes in tourism. Examples of professional associations in tourism.
- required literature
- PELLEŠOVÁ, P. a P. KAJZAR. Podnikání v hotelnictví. Karviná: SU OPF, 2016. info
- KUČEROVÁ, J. a J. ŠMARDOVÁ. Podnikanie v cetovnom ruchu. Bratislava: Wolters Kluwer, 2016. ISBN 978-80-8168-396-1. info
- PALATKOVÁ, M. a kol. Management cestovních kanceláří a agentur. Praha: Grada, 2013. ISBN 978-80-247-3751-5. info
- BERÁNEK, J. Provozujeme pohostinství a ubytování. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2004. ISBN 80-86724-02-6. info
- recommended literature
- RYGLOVÁ, K., M. BURIAN a I. VAJČNEROVÁ. Cestovní ruch - podnikatelské přístupy a příležitosti v praxi. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2011. ISBN 978-80-247-4039-3. info
- INDROVÁ, J. a kol. Kvalita ve službách cestovního ruchu. Praha: VŠE, 2011. ISBN 978-80-245-1766-7. info
- HASSANIEN, A., C. DALE and A. CLARKE. Hospitality Business Development. Oxford: Elsevier L.t.d., 2010. ISBN 978-1-85617-69-5. info
- KOSMÁK, P. Hotelové podnikání a integrační procesy. Praha: VŠH, 2005. ISBN 978-80-86578-50-7. info
- not specified
- PELLEŠOVÁ, Pavlína and Patrik KAJZAR. Podnikání v cestovním ruchu: Distanční studijní text. 1st ed. Karviná, 2018. 170 pp. ISBN 978-80-7510-303-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual consultations Skills demonstration Seminar teaching Students' self-study
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- Assessment methods: attendance at seminars min. 60% (10% evaluation), seminar work (10% evaluation), continuous test (20% evaluation), written exam (60% evaluation).
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/zima2022/CVABPCPO