OPF:CVABPEN1 Foreign Language Course - Engl - Course Information
CVABPEN1 Foreign Language Course - English 1School of Business Administration in Karvina
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Eva Gawlasová (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Krystyna Heinz (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jaroslava Hošková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martina Chylková (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Janusz Karpeta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martina Chylková
Department of Tourism and Leisure Activities - School of Business Administration in Karvina
Contact Person: PhDr. Janusz Karpeta, Ph.D.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- CVABPEN1/01: Tue 8:05–9:40 VD103, K. Heinz
CVABPEN1/02: Tue 9:45–11:20 VD103, K. Heinz
CVABPEN1/03: Mon 12:15–13:55 A216, J. Karpeta
CVABPEN1/04: Tue 11:25–13:00 VYAULA, E. Gawlasová
CVABPEN1/05: Mon 12:15–13:50 A206, M. Chylková
CVABPEN1/07: Thu 8:55–10:30 VC008, J. Hošková
CVABPEN1/08: Thu 13:05–14:40 A111, J. Karpeta
CVABPEN1/11: Mon 14:45–16:20 VD103, E. Gawlasová
CVABPEN1/12: Wed 14:45–16:20 VYAULA, E. Gawlasová
CVABPEN1/15: Mon 10:35–12:10 D036, M. Chylková
CVABPEN1/17: Tue 12:15–13:50 VC008, J. Hošková
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- FAKULTA ( OPF ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ) && FORMA ( P ) && ! NOWANY ( CVABPDE1 Foreign Language Course - Germ , CVABPDE2 Foreign Language Course - Germ , CVABPDE3 Foreign Language Course - Germ , CVABPDE4 Foreign Language Course - Germ )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 420 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 259/420, only registered: 68/420
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the subject is to deepen the knowledge of general English and to introduce Professional English in common situations in professional environment to enable students to be ready for successful entering international labour market. All language skills are developed - speaking, reading, listening, and writing, with the emphasis to speaking.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course students will be able to use vocabulary needed for internships, customer service and application procedure, to solve situations like preparation of an internship, meeting people for the first time, handling customers, writing emails and letters, applying for a job, preperation for a job interview, writing a CV and a cover letter.
- 1. Gaining experience ? Internships abroad
Giving personal details. The time. Dates. Present Simple. Adverbs of frequency. Prepositions of time. Presentation relating to internships.
2. Gaining experience ? Meeting people and making conversation
Expressions for meeting people and making conversation. Greetings and introduction. Making small talk. At an international conference.
3. Customer satisfaction ? Customer service
Keeping your customers. Good customer service. Present continuous. Requests. Offers of help. Invitations.
4. Customer satisfaction ? Contacting customers ? Telephoning, formal letters and emails
Collocations relating to customer service. Verbs and expressions relating to telephoning. Formal letters and emails. Starting and signing off.
5. Job interviews and career ? Job application
Job search. Getting your dream job. Answering questions about your CV. Adjectives to describe your personality. Collocations relating to job-seeking. Past tenses. Expressions for interviews.
6. Job interviews and career ? CVs
Information included in a CV. Order of information. Expressing information in a dynamic way. CVs to give a good impression.
- 1. Gaining experience ? Internships abroad
- required literature
- CHYLKOVÁ, Martina and Janusz KARPETA. Cizojazyčná příprava AJ 1: Distanční studijní text. Karviná: SU OPF, 2018. 123 pp. info
- ALLISON, J. and P. EMMERSON. The Business Pre-intermediate, Student´s book. London: Macmillan, 2014. ISBN 978-0-230-43780-7. info
- recommended literature
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use: a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate learners of English : with answers and ebook. Fifth edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2019. ISBN 978-1-108-58662-7. info
- CHYLKOVÁ, Martina. English Grammar Workbook (Professional English 1-3). Karviná: Slezská univerzita v Opavě, Obchodně podnikatelská fakulta v Karviné, 2015. ISBN 978-80-7510-171-6. info
- TURNBULL, J., 2015. Oxford Advanced Learner´s Dictionary. Oxford Advanced Learner?s Dictionary, 2015. ISBN 978-0-19-479879-2. info
- ASPINALL, T. and G. BETHEL. Test your business vocabulary in use. Cambridge: CUP, 2007. ISBN 987-0-521-53254-9. info
- DYNDA, A. a E. DYNDOVÁ. Česko-anglický obchodní poradce. Praha: Pragoeduca, 2004. ISBN 80-7310-017-7. info
- Teaching methods
- a seminar
- Assessment methods
- Active involvement in seminars ongoing tests - written 20 points/oral 20 points seminar work 10 points credit test 50 points 60% is needed to pass the course
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/opf/summer2023/CVABPEN1