OPF:PEMBAMNS Managerial Skills - Informace o předmětu
PEMBAMNS Managerial SkillsObchodně podnikatelská fakulta v Karviné
- 2/0/0. 5 kr. Ukončení: zk.
- Ing. Žaneta Rylková, Ph.D. (přednášející)
- Ing. Žaneta Rylková, Ph.D.
Katedra podnikové ekonomiky a managementu - Obchodně podnikatelská fakulta v Karviné
Kontaktní osoba: Ing. Žaneta Rylková, Ph.D.
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je určen pouze studentům mateřských oborů.
- Mateřské obory/plány
- Economics and Management (program OPF, B_EME)
- Cíle předmětu
- Managerial skills are certain attributes or abilities that an manager should possess in order to fulfill specific tasks in an organization. They include the capacity to perform executive duties in an organization while avoiding crisis situations and promptly solving problems when they occur. The aim of the subject is to extand theoretical knowledge acquired in management and to offer student the opportunity to become familiar with managerial skills.
- 1. Management and skills of managers
- A review of the main meanings of management, a review of the main functions of management such as planning, organizing, decision-making, controlling. Branches of management (strategy, production, marketing, human resources, finance, information systems, organization). Styles and techniques of management. Technical, interpersonal and conceptual skills.
- 2. The nature of management and of leadership
- The topic is about exploring the nature of management and of leadership. The topic discusses some of the principal schools of thought in this regard and examines contemporary thinking, particularly about leadership. The theme also seeks to determine the qualities of successful leadership and explores the intrinsically behavioural nature of both leadership and followership.
- 3. Organisational behaviour and personality type
- Omnipresent diversity, change, conflict and communications in organisations. Organisational culture. Organisation as a rich human environment. Leadership vs. management. The topic looks at personality and perception, values and attitudes, learning and decision making. Consideration of the individual focuses upon each person´s unique set of attitudes, perceptions and values, which influence their personality and behaviour.
- 4. Types of employees and motivation
- The examination of human motivation remains largely, but not exclusively, at the level of the individual. The topic explores some of the extensive and wide-ranging theoretical work and empirical research findings, which inform our understanding of how people are motivated, and indeed demotivated, in the workplace.
- 5. Team work and team roles
- The topic begins with the definitional differences between groups and teams and explores the various personality types that are thought to make up a successful team. The process of group formation and the nature is explored, causes and consequences of inter- and intra-group conflict and communications are analysed. Teamwork and its significance for organisational behaviour.
- 6. Time management and meetings
- This theme is about keys to time management and time management tips – how to effectively manage time in a meeting. The aim is to explain what is needed to prepare before the meeting, what to do during the meeting and what to manage after the meetings. The topic focuses on how to plan and structure effective meetings.
- povinná literatura
- BROOKS, I. Organisational Behaviour. New York: Pearson Education, 2018. ISBN 978-1-292-20068-2. info
- WARNER BURKE, B. L. Organizational change. United Kingdom: Sage Publications India, 2018. ISBN 978-1-5063-8649-2. info
- doporučená literatura
- KIRKMAN, B. L. a T. B. HARRIS. 3D Team Leadership. A new approach for complex teams. Standford California: Standford University Press, 2017. ISBN 978-0-8047-9642-2. info
- CLARKE, N. Relational Leadership. Theory, Practice and Development. New York: Routledge, 2018. ISBN 978-1-138-65910-0. info
- HISLOP, D. a R. BOSUA. Knowledge management in organizations. Great Britain: Bell and Brain Ltd., 2018. ISBN 978-0-19-872401-8. info
- Výukové metody
- seminars, class discussion, team work, homework, reading, case studies solutions
- Metody hodnocení
- mandatory participation 50%; presentation and solution of case studies (40%), final combined exam (60% evaluation)
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Další komentáře
- Předmět je vyučován každoročně.
- Statistika zápisu (nejnovější)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/predmet/opf/leto2022/PEMBAMNS