FPF:ARCHKRA033 Archeology and the public - Course Information
ARCHKRA033 Archeology and the publicFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Miroslav Popelka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Miroslav Popelka, CSc.
Institute of Archaeology - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- For undergraduate students
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Landscape archaeology (programme FPF, ARCH-bak)
- Course objectives
- Currently, the popularization of the field of archeology in the wider public is of increasing importance. Not only professionally, but especially in the lay world, where the main goal is to clarify the meaning of the scientific field, to expand existing knowledge, if possible in an accessible and understandable form. There are a number of activities they have to develop the relationship between the scientific field and the public also certain policies and rules. The aim of the lecture is to convey these principles and rules to the students of the field so that they can later in practice they facilitated contact with the public.
- 1. Introduction to the issue of the term archeology and the public 2. Experiment in archeology 1 3. Experiment in archeology 2 4. Archaeological and historical parks in the Czech Republic 5. Discussion workshop 6. The museum and the public 7. Archeology and the media 8. Preparation of textbook texts 9. Historical Park Bärnau-Tachov and the EUC project 2017-2019 10. Archeology in fiction 11. Posting of Reviews 12. Archeology and the public in Europe 13. Final discussion
- required literature
- Smetánka, Z.: Archeologie a experiment. Dějiny a současnost 4/2000, 2-5.
- Coles, J.: Experimental Archaeology. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland. 1968.
- Popelka, M.: Několik poznámek k experimentální archeologii. Rekonstrukce a experiment v archeologii 1, 2000, 207- 211.
- Coles, J.: Archaeology by experiment. London 1973.
- Malina, J.: Metody experimentu v archeologii. Praha 1980.
- recommended literature
- Veřejná archeologie 1-6. Příspěvky z konferencí Archeologie a veřejnost, 2000-2013
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Credit. Written test, at least one paper during the semester
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2022/ARCHKRA033