FPF:UBKCJLBP04 Introduction to Literature - Course Information
UBKCJLBP04 Introduction to LiteratureFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Martin Tichý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jakub Sichálek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Tichý, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martin Tichý, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Mon 14:45–15:30 M8
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
UBKCJLBP04/B: Wed 11:25–12:10 M10, J. Sichálek
UBKCJLBP04/C: Wed 12:15–13:00 M10, J. Sichálek
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech language and literature (programme FPF, CJAL)
- Course objectives
- An introductory class in the literary segment of the curriculum, it familiarises students with basic concepts, disciplines, ideas which make qualification for further studying.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to:
- define literature,
- define main concepts in literary studies,
- discern disciplines in literary studies,
- characterize literary communication and its elements,
- figure out the principle of interpretation.
- 1. Concept of literature 2. Historicity of literature 3. Literariness 4. Literature as a convention; functions of literature 5. Literary studies 6. Literary theory 7. Literary history 8. Literary criticism 9. Literary communication I (basic concepts) 10. Literary communication II (author) 11. Literary communication III (reader) 12. Understanding and interpretation 13. Repetition
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2021/UBKCJLBP04