FPF:UBKCJLBP35 History of Literary Criticism - Course Information
UBKCJLBP35 History of Literary CriticismFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martin Tichý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Tichý, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martin Tichý, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Mon 15:35–16:20 M13
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech language and literature (programme FPF, CJAL)
- Course objectives
- The class is focused on the principles of criticism and on the history of the Czech literary criticism from its beginnings on the turn of the 19th century to the end of the 20th century.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to:
- define the literatry criticism,
- describe specific periods in the history of literary criticism,
- explain the most important critics' careers.
- 1. What is criticism? 2. The beginnings of literary criticism 3. Criticism in the era of Máj and Ruch and Lumír generations 4. Realistic criticism 5. Modernistic criticism 6. The transformations in criticism in the beginning of the 20th century 7. Criticism in the avant-garde era I (first avant-gardes and older tradition) 8. Criticism in the avant-garde era II (left critics) 9. Criticism in the avant-garde era III (catholic and conservative critics) 10. From the discussion about socialistic literature to dogmatism (1945–1958) 11. Criticism in the years of political thaw(the 60s) 12. "Normalisation" in the criticism 13. Changes after 1898
- Teaching methods
- Summarizing lectures, interpretative seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Presenting paper and discussion.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/winter2021/UBKCJLBP35