FPF:UBKCJLBP49 Onomastics - Course Information
UBKCJLBP49 OnomasticsFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. PaedDr. Zbyněk Holub, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. PaedDr. Zbyněk Holub, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. PaedDr. Zbyněk Holub, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- TYP_STUDIA ( B )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech language and literature (programme FPF, CJAL)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with the foundation of onomastics and its relationship to other branches of linguistics.
- Learning outcomes
- Students are able to: - understand onomastics as a branch of linguistis - know the principles of appellatives and proper nouns - understand the theoretical bases of onomastics - explain the principles of toponomastics
- 1. Onomastics as a branch of linguistics
- 2. Theory of proper nouns, onymic content, object and area
- 3. Proper nouns in the language system
- 4. Functional interpretation of onomastics, synchronic and diachronic onomastics
- 5. Place names.
- 6. Theory or relation models and small-type method.
- 7. Appellatives and proper nouns in the language systems
- 8. Methodology of onomastics
- 9. Fixation, localization, macrotype, microtype
- 10. Areal aspects in relation to the reconstruction.
- 11. Onomastics and other branches of linguistics. Grammar of onomastics
- 12. Toponomastics.
- 13. Functional classification of the onomastic system.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Written test and an onomastic project.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fpf/summer2021/UBKCJLBP49