FPF:UBKCJLBP37 Modern Czech Literature - Course Information
UBKCJLBP37 Modern Czech LiteratureFaculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jakub Chrobák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jakub Chrobák, Ph.D.
Institute of The Czech Language and Library Science - Faculty of Philosophy and Science in Opava
- TYP_STUDIA ( B )
Není třeba splnit žádné předpoklady.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech language and literature (programme FPF, CJAL)
- Course objectives
- The course is designed as an overview, so in addition to factual information about the main developmental movements within the Czech literature of the last thirty years, students will also get acquainted with specific works of selected authors.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to name the basic tendencies in the development of contemporary literature; describe the state and importance of contemporary literature in society; characterize selected works; consider the possibilities of applying contemporary literature.
- Example of lesson layout: 1. What exactly is contemporary literature? (Dating, concepts, influence of external circumstances.) 2. Transformation of functions of literature, awards, magazines and literary criticism. 3. Literary life: Prices, awards and functions of the book market. 4. Literature in context. 5. Generational stratification of contemporary Czech poetry I: The oldest generation and the generation of the 60s. 6. Generational stratification of contemporary Czech poetry II: Solitaires, underground, turn generation. 7. The generational stratification of contemporary Czech poetry III: The generation of the 1990s. 8. Generational stratification of contemporary Czech poetry IV: The youngest generation of poetry. 9. Generational stratification of contemporary Czech prose I: Older works in a new context, novels about the end of the so-called normalization. 10. Generational stratification of contemporary Czech prose II: In the name of authenticity, autobiography as a starting point. 11. Generational stratification of contemporary Czech prose III: Underground as a topic, literature in contact with the reading. 12. Generational stratification of contemporary Czech prose IV: New names, new hopes. 13. Summary and discussion of the differences between contemporary poetry and prose.
- required literature
- ČERVENKA, M., HOLÝ, J., HRBATA, Z. et al. Na cestě ke smyslu. Poetika literárního díla 20. stol. Praha: Torst, 2005.
- FIALOVÁ, A., HRUŠKA, P., JUNGMANNOVÁ, L. V souřadnicích mnohosti. Praha: Academia, 2014.
- recommended literature
- KŘIVÁNEK, V. Kolik příležitostí má poezie. Kapitoly z české poválečné poezie 1945–2000. Brno: Host, 2007.
- MACHALA, L. Literární bludiště. Bilance české polistopadové prózy. Praha: Brána, 2001.
- ECO, U. Meze interpretace. Praha: Karolinum, 2004.
- BĚLOHRADSKÝ, V. Společnost nevolnosti: Eseje z pozdější doby. Praha: SLON, 2014.
- CHROBÁK, J. „Jsme tady. Česká poezie 2015–2016.“ In CHROBÁK, J.; SLÍVA, V. (ed.) Nejlepší české básně 2016. Brno: Host, 2016, s. 75–102.
- ZIZLER, J., HRUŠKA, P., MACHALA, L., VODIČKA, L. V souřadnicích volnosti. Praha: Academia, 2008.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, homework, reading.
- Assessment methods
- Evaluated work in seminars, essay, presentation of selected and chosen topic.
- Language of instruction
- Teacher's information
- In case of any questions, a consultation can be arranged at firstname.lastname@example.org.