FU:APDMAP31 Basics of PC-based Measuring S - Course Information
APDMAP31 Basics of PC-based Measuring SystemsInstitute of physics in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Tomáš Janečka (lecturer)
Ing. Tomáš Janečka (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Tomáš Janečka
Institute of physics in Opava
- Tue 15:35–17:10 118
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( FAKULTA ( FU ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physical Diagnostic Methods (programme FU, APFYZB)
- Course objectives
- The student will be introduced to the basic construction of measuring systems with a link to the correct design of measuring systems within specific applications in practice.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completing the course, the student will be able to use the basic types of measuring systems and correctly design a measuring system for a specific application in practice.
- - Properties of measuring systems. Block structure of the measurement system, distributed and centralized system. Signal digitization: quantization and sampling. Main principles of analog-to-digital converters: parallel, stepwise approximation, integration, sigma-delta. The basic block structure of measuring cards, the meaning of HW means of measuring cards. Choice of equipment for digitizing the signal according to the nature of the measurement (measurement speed, measurement accuracy and length of the measured course).
- - Types of communication and measurement interfaces in decentralized systems. Properties and principles of the interface, hardware description, transfer of measured information via the interface, parasitic phenomena, elimination of faults. Choice of interface for optimal design of measuring chain. Examples of RS232, RS422, RS485 bus - basic characteristics.
- - Communication systems in centralized local systems, GPIB instrument bus, description of basic interface commands, control of measuring instruments with GPIB via a PC. Examples of automating the measurement process using GPIB devices.
- - Control software in measuring systems. RealTime software, control of the measuring process, basic principles of regulation. HMI-SCADA visualization software. Examples of software for visualization and process control - ControlWEB, software for measurement and data analysis - ScopeWin.
- required literature
- Beran, V., Tůmová, O.: Měření veličin životního a pracovního prostředí, FEL ZČU, 2007, ISBN 80-7082-248-1
- Vítečková, M., Víteček, A.: Základy automatické regulace, VŠB, 2008, ISBN 978-80-248-1924-2
- Tůmová, O. a kol.: Elektrická měření. Měřící metody, FEL ZČU, 2005, ISBN 80-7043-412-0
- recommended literature
- ScopeWin : uživatelská příručka na https://www.tedia.cz/download/files/scopewin32.pdf
- Teaching methods
- lectures, practical exercises
- Assessment methods
- active participation in exercises, verification of knowledge of the study subject in oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fu/winter2022/APDMAP31