FU:APDMB052 Mob. Com. and Geolocation Dev. - Course Information
APDMB052 Mobile Communication and Geolocation DevicesInstitute of physics in Opava
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Tomáš Janečka (lecturer)
Ing. Tomáš Janečka (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Tomáš Janečka
Institute of physics in Opava
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( FAKULTA ( FU ) && TYP_STUDIA ( B ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physical Diagnostic Methods (programme FU, APFYZB)
- Course objectives
- Students will learn about the possibilities of wireless transmission in infrastructure cellular networks with an emphasis on the use of modems for the collection and transmission of telemetry data. An important part of the course is the use of technical means for locating modems through GNSS navigation systems.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completing the course, the student will use wireless transmission in infrastructural cellular networks and apply it to the collection and transmission of telemetry data.
- 1. Basic characteristics of cellular networks 2G, 3G, LTE, LTE-M1, Narrow Band. Data and voice transmissions, transmission speeds, used bands, transmission security, coding, network topology.
- 2. Real network operation: data throughput, response times, transmission tariffs, coverage map, public and private APN, VPN, static and dynamic IP addresses.
- 3. Technical means for communication: GSM/GPRS modems, UMTS. LTE, LTE-M1,NB, modem configuration, AT configuration messages, built-in AD/DA converters and GPIO for measurement.
- 4. Network communication: CSD connection, SMS, TCP/IP and UDP/IP stack, FTP and SMTP client, HTTP/S client, MIME e-mail protocol.
- 5. Modems with GNSS systems: GNSS characteristics, satellite system topology, platforms (GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, Galileo), system use (geolocation, navigation, time synchronization), message standards (UBX, NMEA, SiRF), assisted navigation with GPRS network (autonomous, online, offline), almanac in assisted navigation.
- 6. The exercise is oriented towards working with modems in real conditions, tests of various types of mobile communications and testing of GNSS navigation systems using a GNSS simulator of a real network.
- required literature
- Olof Liberg, Cellular Internet of Things, ISBN-13: 978-0128124581
- RUKOVANSKÝ, Imrich a KRATOCHVÍL, Oldřich. Bezdrátové počítačové sítě. Kunovice: Evropský polytechnický institut, 2007. 80 s. ISBN 978-80-7314-112-7.
- Sivannarayana Nagireddi, Lte and Iot Systems and Signal Quality, ISBN-13: 9781534630680
- Teaching methods
- lectures, practical exercises
- Assessment methods
- Active participation in exercises. Verification of knowledge of the study subject in oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.slu.cz/course/fu/winter2022/APDMB052